Andrew Jackson Foundation
Andrew Jackson Foundation
Enhances executive’s effectiveness by acting as an extension of the executive and executive team, providing administrative and board liaison support, and serving as a project assistant. Develops reports and presentations and represents the executive to others.
1. Executive Support
- Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, creating meeting agendas, scheduling conferences, teleconferences, organizing files and records.
- Makes travel arrangements for CEO, Board, and other staff as needed.
- Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence, speaking for the executive.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
2. Board Support
- Maintains a permanent record of Board and Executive Committee meeting minutes, meeting attendance, and related reports and documents.
- Makes and coordinates arrangements for Board, Executive Committee, and Board committee meetings, lunches, dinners, and related activities.
- Prepares, updates, and distributes Board manuals and calendars; assists the CEO with preparation for Board, Executive Committee, and other committee meetings and special projects as assigned.
3. Senior Management Support
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems, recording meeting discussions.
- Maintains office supplies for Executive Office and Foundation stationary supplies; checks stock to determine inventory level; anticipating future needs for supplies, placing, and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Assists with proper operation of office equipment; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; verifies equipment inventories and supplies; and ensures supplies are ordered in a timely manner.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing assigned tasks and serving on committees as needed.
- Completes projects by coordinating assigned work with others on staff, following up on results.
- Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
4. Communication and Strategic Initiatives
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Prepares purchase orders and monitors budgets for the Executive office and produces accurate and timely financial reports in collaboration with the Finance and Administration Department.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or directing inquiries.
- Secures information by ensuring information is backed up for security.
- BA/BS preferred
- Two to five years office management experience
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; good spelling and proofreading skills
- General knowledge of office equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Resourceful, self-reliant, and diplomatic.
Retirement plan with match
Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Email Cover letter and resume to Jobs@TheHermitage.com
- Date Posted: May 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 07/01/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hours/week; M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm