United Way of Greater Nashville
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant to the United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) CEO provides high-level administrative support, managing and coordinating projects originating from the Office of the CEO, and for administrative management of the CEO’s relationships with the Board of Trustees. Requires acquisition of strong knowledge of UWGN’s priorities, policies and practices. Responsible for seamless coordination of the CEO’s office including liaison with United Way Worldwide, UWGN Senior Team and all staff with a high standard of administrative practices that will help to advance the organization.
This position regularly, frequently, and independently interfaces with high-level internal and external contacts requiring considerable discretion, initiative and confidentiality. The Executive Assistant is a seasoned professional who combines an overall understanding of the CEO’s day-to-day responsibilities while working with minimal supervision, exercising independent judgment, proactively communicating and maintaining confidentiality. This position understands the requirement for flexibility and accommodates shifting priorities and deadlines while representing and supporting the CEO in planning, directing, managing and coordinating the agency’s views and interests.
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
- Serves as functional business partner to CEO, acting as one of primary resources to and extension of CEO for internal interface and engagement. Consistently demonstrates an ability to anticipate needs and deliver solutions and/or resolutions. Maintains constant level of communication with CEO concerning the inner workings and activities of the agency.
- Utilizes strong and advanced technology skills to enhance and extend the capacity of the CEO’s office; current skills are consistently upgraded and new technologies or use of current offerings is explored and implemented to gain additional effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Manages and executes all administrative tasks required to efficiently and effectively support the CEO including but not limited to: heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of executive meetings; screening incoming calls and correspondence and responding to inquiries independently wherever possible.
- Arranges detailed travel plans and itineraries, compiles documents for travel-related meetings on behalf of the CEO. Briefs CEO on key aspects of scheduled meetings and attends meetings on his behalf, as directed.
- Collaborates with administrative staff in an effort to ensure coordination of executive/ administrative support functions.
- Performs complex and confidential administrative functions including developing and preparing written correspondence, presentations. Responds to routine external correspondence independently as directed by the CEO.
- Creates and maintains databases, spreadsheets and files. Prepares memos, purchase requisitions, expense reports, payment requests and other department forms and documents. Approves requests on behalf of and as authorized by the CEO.
- Maintains confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and Board related matters.
Project and Event Management
- Plans, coordinates, and assists at various events; arrange logistics for special meetings or events including hotel reservations, equipment reservations, directions, food and refreshments, meeting spaces, and parking as needed.
- Actively participates in and provides support and assistance for strategic business planning and organizational development efforts.
- Monitors adherence to project management guidance and directives issued on specific projects.
- Prepares project reports and presentations for program and project status meetings.
- Coordinate special projects as directed.
Key Stakeholder Support
- Manages, plans logistics and coordinates meetings of the Board of Trustees and other related Board committee meetings.
- Drafts agendas, schedules, notices, minutes and resolutions of the Board of Trustees meetings, in conjunction with the CEO, as well as other meetings hosted by the CEO, as needed. Takes all appropriate Board meeting minutes and maintains all relevant files for Executive Committee and Board. Ensures in a timely fashion the final approval of all Board minutes drafts by the CEO.
- Secures location for meetings and manages all meeting logistics.
- Creates and/or maintains all corporate documents and those of the Board. This includes accurate meeting minutes, resolutions, notices, email distribution lists and up-to-date bylaws, amendments and board minutes.
- Manages and oversees the production of consistent, accurate, visually appealing informational materials, such as the Board of Trustees Handbooks, Board meeting packets, and other informational and management materials necessary for effective Board committee operations.
- Responds appropriately to all information requests by members of Board of Trustees.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field. Degree requirement may be substituted with equal, relevant work experience in addition to the years of experience requirement.
- Minimum of seven (4) years experience with supporting and/or serving as an assistant to the Chief Executive Officer, project and Board management, including organizing Board and committee meetings and reporting on their activities
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office
- Performs activities under minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly energized work environment
- Possess leadership, coordination and organizing skills
- Must have flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, project coordination experience
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal/external management and staff.
- Strong business acumen
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Highly-developed, proactive communication skills
- Critical thinking skills and ability to anticipate
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Initiative and drive
- Confidentiality and discretion
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competive salaries and benefits.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/.
United Way of Greater Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Date Posted: September 3, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 10/01/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm