State Collaborative on Reforming Education
State Collaborative on Reforming Education
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
SCORE’s Executive Assistant will provide logistical and administrative support to members of the SCORE Leadership Team and will play a critical role in advancing the organization’s work.
This role requires a great deal of flexibility and drive, the ability to manage multiple priorities, a positive team orientation, and a commitment to supporting the work of the organization and the Leadership Team. The Executive Assistant must be an independent thinker and proactive team member who is also able to work in close and productive collaboration with the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO, other SCORE colleagues, and SCORE partners. The Executive Assistant will report to SCORE’s Director of Operations.
“The progress that our students have made in recent years is inspiring – there is no doubt that they are capable of achieving at high levels and leading Tennessee into a bright future. While education stakeholders are already working together in exciting ways in Tennessee, it is our responsibility to redouble our innovative efforts to ensure that we are supporting our students to truly excel and thrive. The future of our state depends on it.”
– Senator Bill Frist, Chairman and Founder, SCORE
Tennessee has been making significant progress in advancing a bold education reform plan over the last decade and is now a leader in the nation in dramatically improving student achievement. Tennessee is among the fastest improving states for student achievement according to the Nation’s Report Card.
While Tennessee has made significant gains, there is much still to do – in public K12 education, in college and career readiness, and in postsecondary completion. The State Collaborative on Reforming Education (SCORE) plays a critical role in advancing student achievement, aligning K12 and postsecondary, and ensuring that all students can achieve career and life success. We work to monitor statewide progress in support of a prioritized agenda that drives collaboration across the state on policy while generating proof points and providing targeted support for implementation across the state.
SCORE is an independent, nonprofit, and nonpartisan organization founded by former US Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and is dedicated to the goal that that all students can achieve success in college, career, and life. SCORE supports student success in public schools across Tennessee by ensuring all schools and systems meet high expectations; preparing, recruiting, supporting, and retaining excellent teachers and leaders; and aligning K-12 and college with career and life success.
SCORE is based at Vanderbilt University’s John Seigenthaler Center. This role will primarily be based in the office with a limited number of tasks eligible to be completed remotely. For more information on SCORE, please visit www.tnscore.org.
The Executive Assistant key responsibilities include providing administrative support to up to six members of SCORE’s Leadership Team including, but not limited to, the Chief K-12 Impact Officer, Chief Postsecondary Impact Officer, Chief Financial Officer, Vice President of Strategy, and Vice President of Strategic Practice. This administrative support can take many forms, including:
- Managing schedules to maximize the time of the leadership team and create the biggest impact in executing the organization’s strategic plan
- Coordinating with the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO to ensure all Leadership Team calendars have the most current information
- Coordinating travel reservations and logistics for Leadership Team, including preparation of travel itineraries and notebooks
- Preparing and submitting Leadership Team expense reports and assist with tracking PTO
- Maintaining contact lists, as needed
- Preparing notes to business colleagues for Leadership Team
- Providing general support to Leadership Team visitors
- Any other duties assigned by direct supervisors and members of the SCORE Leadership Team
- The candidate must have a passion for effective communication, efficient work planning, and supporting others.
- Candidates must have demonstrated success in organizational coordination, administrative experience, and organizing and managing a substantial travel booking schedule.
- Candidates must have proven experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously and a command of technology skills. Word processing, the use of spreadsheets, and presentation software is required; MS Office is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a requirement, along with the ability to handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Candidates must possess at least 5 years of professional experience.
SCORE is committed to providing opportunities for professional growth by providing team members with feedback and opportunities to grow in their work.
SCORE offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SCORE, we are committed to creating a workplace where all team members bring their whole selves to work and thrive both personally and professionally. We deeply value collaboration, optimism, excellence, and innovation in our student-centered work and in how we work together and support each other as a team. We also believe that it is important for our team to reflect the rich diversity of students in Tennessee, and that we intentionally create space for diverse viewpoints to meaningfully contribute to our work.
SCORE is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the application at this link. SCORE will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. We recommend interested applicants apply as soon as possible.
- Date Posted: August 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education