Boys and Girls Club Of Middle Tennessee
Executive Administrative Assistant
Boys and Girls Club Of Middle Tennessee
Title: Executive Administrative Assistant
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: $43K – $47K + Paid Vacation/Holiday + Paid M/D/V
The mission of Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee, (BGCMT), is: To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Primary Role Function: Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO. Administrative Assistant will complete 60% of tasks for CEO that includes, but are not limited to maintaining professionalism and confidentiality in the work environment, answering telephones and directing callers to appropriate staff members or providing accurate information as requested, and taking detailed messages for the executive team. Greet visitors to Administrative Office and ensure they are connected with the appropriate staff member shortly after arrival. Maintain office cleanliness by keeping the front office, kitchen, conference room, and file room all clear of clutter. Collecting mail and packages daily and distributing them to the correct departments. Additionally, 40% of duties will include, but not limited to providing regular clerical and administrative support to the other executive teams located in the Club Support Center, as necessary. Prepare correspondence and reports (proficient in Excel and managing Microsoft 365), maintains office schedule and calendar using Microsoft Office (must be proficient), and maintain electronic and hard copy files as requested. Maintain documentation, and records, and facilitate onboarding of new hire employees.
- Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO, serving as the main point of contact for all communications with the CEO, including but not limited to the Board of Directors, the Young Professionals Board, ALL Donors and Community Leaders/Stakeholders, and Executive Teams.
- Manages daily calendar for the CEO, including making all travel arrangements when necessary including logistical details for trips.
- Prepares meeting spaces for all CEO meetings; ensures that space is scheduled timely and that there are appropriate breaks built into the schedule.
- Takes minutes during Board meetings and Board Committee meetings, and creates final copies of meeting minutes to be filed on record for the organization.
- Takes note of action items from all CEO meetings and follows through ensure all items are completed with fidelity.
- Handles everything board related for the CEO, including scheduling club visits and meetings for board members.
- Serves as office receptionist, greeting all members and visitors and maintaining attendance and visitor records when necessary.
- Answers telephones, provides general information, refers callers to other staff, or takes messages as necessary.
- Performs regular secretarial duties, opening and distributing incoming mail, preparing correspondence and reports as requested by supervisor, and composing draft letters following established formats. Proofreads all materials for accuracy prior to supervisory review and signature.
- Distributes incoming donations and contributions to Accounting and Resource Development following the procedures set forth in the policies & procedures manual.
- Helps maintain office calendar, schedule meetings and make logistical and travel arrangements necessary for internal and external meetings. May prepare meeting agendas and minutes, as requested.
- Maintains master schedule of Office activities and events, collecting and disseminating information to staff, volunteers, members, and families as instructed.
- Maintains electronic (when appropriate) and hard copy filing systems, making sure they are accurate and timely and facilitate easy retrieval of information.
- Monitor office supply inventory and order/pick up supplies as necessary in the most efficient way possible.
- Monitor kitchen supplies ensuring that supplies are available for CEO meetings with staff, volunteers, and outside guests.
- May be responsible for managing inventory of office equipment and service contracts, performing routine maintenance activities, and contacting service representatives as needed.
- Provides direct administrative support to ALL executives in the office, including Resource Development, Accounting, and Operations/Programs.
- Perform other related secretarial or administrative duties as requested.
- Support of some grant reporting for Club based food programming.
- High school diploma, 2 years of post-secondary education preferred.
- Two years of office clerical experience, preferably as an Executive Assistant
- Training in secretarial skills and use of common office equipment (must be highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, etc.), Outlook/Calendar, and Canva (experience a plus).
- Typing/keyboarding skills of at least 40 wpm
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (ability to scan for grammatical errors/punctuation/spacing.
- Excellent organization and strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Strong customer relations skills
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
Paid medical and dental insurance.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to: Jgarrett@bgcmt.org.
- Date Posted: August 19, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 09/11/2023
- Salary Range: $43-$47K
- Working Hours: 8-5