Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN
Events Services Manager
Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN
The Event Services Manager will handle a broad and diverse range of responsibilities and assignments to support events and special projects across the organization and Development team including fundraising and other events as well as unique projects as directed by the Chief Strategy & Communications Officer. This position will embrace attributes of adaptability and flexibility, as well as excel at logistics, organization, and event planning.
To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Support the organization and development team with execution of special projects that include project management, administrative coordination, event planning and implementation.
- Assist in tracking and fulfillment of corporate partnership agreements and sponsorship deliverables.
- Execute the creative design and execution of Heritage Foundation’s various fundraising events, as lead internal event project manager. This includes the annual Heritage Ball & Auction (working in collaboration with creative design from Ball event designer), Patrons Party, Sponsors Celebration Dinner, and Giving Society reception and events, as well as special projects as determined by the Chief Strategy & Communications Officer.
- Execute all planning and logistics of other events throughout the organization as identified and directed by the Chief Strategy & Communications as part of shared services support.
- Implement industry best-practice for venue/site design with balanced crowd flow, orchestrate and guide cross-functional teams and organization divisions in support of all events, develop and manage timelines and budgets, and manage event staffing plans
- Facilitate all event logistics and operations, including but not limited to tenting, décor, props, catering, serving/bar staffing, portable restrooms, radios, generators, entertainment, staging, sound/lighting/video production, parking, shuttles, valet, waste removal, security and police staffing, permitting, insurance, traffic management, etc.
- Source, develop, and manage mutually beneficial relationships with key event vendors, ensuring agreement terms are met.
- Direct the actions of event vendors and contractors through all phases of events, coordinating pre-, day-of, and post-event registration standings, logistics and contract fulfillments.
- Demonstrate consistent comprehensive understanding of contract management through all phases, including but not limited to negotiation, creation, execution, and enforcement of all agreement facets in support of the goals and objectives of the Heritage Foundation.
- Manage and communicate overages and variances from identified budget with key stakeholders and vendors.
- Liaise with government officials and officers to secure necessary permits, licenses, approvals, and authorization for each Heritage Foundation event, and verify all participants are notified of all regulations and restrictions.
- Collaborate with fellow Heritage Foundation leaders to confirm all events are appropriately staffed and supported, in accordance with contract obligations, permit requirements and operational needs.
- Lead event-related committees of community members and Heritage Foundation board members as needed
- Develop and execute departmental objectives within parameters of established annual budgets.
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Interface and communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Thrive in highly collaborative and mission-driven culture
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum two (4) years professional experience in event and/or special project management.
Other Qualifications: Windows, Microsoft Office, NXT/Blackbaud (preferred), Adobe Creative Suite, Word Press, AirTable Project Management (preferred). Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to perform duties under pressure, prioritize workload, and timely meet deadlines. Must have the aptitude and ability to self-direct work. Ability to work irregular hours and weekends.
The Heritage Foundation offers medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume to email@example.com with “Event Services Manager Applicant” as the subject line.
- Date Posted: June 9, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture