Nashville Humane Association
Events & Outreach Coordinator
Nashville Humane Association
The Events & Outreach Coordinator position will report to the Director of Operations and Development (DO) of the Nashville Humane Association. In this role the Coordinator will work at the direction of shelter leadership, specifically Director of Operations, to execute the event and outreach goals on behalf of NHA. The Events & Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of event planning, and execution, of shelter events ranging from large fundraising events to small community events. Additionally, this role is responsible for partner relationship leads, outreach, and client management and other miscellaneous fundraising tasks. This position requires a person with strong organizational and communication skills.
EVENTS – (40% job tasks/time)
• Work with DO, Executive Director (ED) and other appropriate staff, to develop, implement and execute the strategic Fundraising/Event plan for NHA, including annual, monthly and weekly objectives. Regular status reports. Formulate and recommend strategies to expand and improve operations.
• Manages special events planning, coordination and execution, collaborates on event promotion from large ‘signature’ events to small community or one-off events. Organizes, documents and reports on event outcomes.
• Organizes and maintains day-to-day lists, agendas, plans, and schedules, then ensures that all event operation plans are operating per goals and outlines established.
• Work to secure sponsors, supporters, volunteers on behalf of NHA. Coordinate, organize, track and monitor appropriate databases.
• Collaborates with Volunteer Coordinator, DO, ED to ensure that events are appropriately staffed and the workforce is appropriately managed and tasks are assigned. Once workforce is
identified; manage, assign, coordinate communications, and ensure that volunteers and workforce successfully execute at events.
• Collaborate with Media/Communication Team to ensure that Comm. Team members are able to identify relevant content about events, and Comm. Team members are able to gather content for event promotion and recap during events.
• Collaborate and liaise with planning committee members, stakeholders, staff members, shelter management, board members, and other applicable persons to effectively plan, coordinate and execute events on behalf of NHA.
• Work with vendors to ensure NHA is receiving the maximum benefit and resources from paid suppliers, etc.
• Work with DO after events to successfully coordinate post-event activities, summary, recap and recognition.
• Schedule, manage, staff, and execute small-scale community and public events to fundraise or promote Nashville Humane. Note: these events may occur during events or on weekends, and a flexible schedule will need to be maintained.
FUNDRAISING – (30% job tasks/time)
• Work with DO, ED and other appropriate staff, to develop, implement and execute the strategic Fundraising/Event plan for NHA, including annual, monthly and weekly objectives. Regular status reports. Formulate and recommend strategies to expand and improve operations.
• Work with DO to assist in the writing of sales decks or fundraising communications or coordinates completion with other staff as needed and appropriate.
• Assists in the management of NHA Fundraising software including entries, reports and summaries. Use Fundraising software to formulate and recommend strategies to expand and improve operations.
• Work with DO to identify appropriate parties and fundraising targets. Collaborate to establish individual and group outreach strategies. Execute agreed upon strategies. Coordinate, organize, track and monitor appropriate databases.
• Initiates sales process. Works to establish relationships with local and national business and brand partners to develop collaborative relationships that benefit NHA and raise funds for the agency.
• Assist in the creation and execution of communications, including e-newsletter tools like MyEmma, Classy, or other appropriate communication channels, to promote charitable giving to NHA.
COMMUNITY OUTREACH – (30% job tasks/time)
• Work with DO, ED and other appropriate staff, to develop, implement and execute the strategic Community Outreach plan for NHA, including annual, monthly and weekly objectives. Regular status reports. Formulate and recommend strategies to expand and improve operations.
• Manage the Teddy’s Wagon (mobile adoption unit) program, including identifying and executing the most effective schedule, location, events to maximize NHA resources and utilize Teddy’s Wagon in the best possible manner.
• Assist in the creation and execution of communications, including e-newsletter tools like MyEmma, Classy, or other appropriate communication channels, to promote Community Outreach on behalf of NHA.
• Collaborate with Media/Communication Team to ensure that relevant content is gathered to promote NHA and NHA’s outreach efforts in the community.
Responsible for submitting and operating within departmental budget. Responsible for supporting shelter staff, when necessary, at the direction of the Director of Operations and Development and Executive Director. Additionally, this position may be responsible for other duties as assigned though not specifically numerated above and for all duties specifically delegated by the Director of Operations and Development and Executive Director. Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism and accountability, consistent, punctual and regular attendance, professional image and demeanor both in person and online. Able to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed; able to travel as needed. Minimum physical requirements: Able to successfully travel and maneuver within the day-to-day workspace, Able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds. All positions require working with, and in direct contact to, shelter animals and various other wildlife.
FOR JOB POSTING PURPOSES ONLY
SYNOPSIS The Events and Community Outreach Coordinator at Nashville Humane basically wears three different hats: events, fundraising, community outreach. And maybe a snazzy NHA snapback trucker hat because we have cool merch! Our ideal special someone for this position is a “people” person, detail-oriented, a bright go-getter, with a great attitude, and is ready to help us end animal homelessness one fun shelter event at a time! And while you don’t have to love pets, we’re an animal shelter, so you should probably like them. We all do! This is a full-time salary position, but some events are going to be nights and weekends from time to time. Do you like checklists? Spreadsheets? Project Management? But also love events and meeting people? And as an added bonus, maybe you’d like to help make a positive change in this crazy world? Then working at Nashville Humane is probably as cool as you think it would be.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree or educational equivalent. 2+ years of professional experience within the areas of event coordination, fundraising, community outreach, grassroots efforts or other related fields. Additional professional experience may be considered as replacement for degree. Should possess strong collaboration, organization, communication, professional writing, time management and project management skills. Grant writing experience a plus, but not a requirement.
Simple IRA with up to 3% Match
Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Please send resume to Becca@nashvillehumane.org
- Date Posted: May 3, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 05/17/2021
- Salary Range: 37,000.00-57,000.00
- Working Hours: 40 hours a week, Some Weekends required