Events Office Assistant
Position: Events Office Assistant
Position Type: Full Time
Work Week: Typically Tuesday- Saturday. Nights, Sundays, and overtime occasionally necessary. Flexibility required.
Supervisor: Director of Events
Job Description– The Events Office Assistant acts as the primary contact point for the events department and as the reservationist for the Zoo wide event calendar. Their goal is to ensure that both internal and external meeting needs are met, then communicated to the appropriate parties. Additionally – they function as the Booking Agent responsible for the Nashville Zoo’s Birthday Party Program and assist the events team in the execution of the public event calendar.
Basic Function and Responsibilities:
- Inputs, maintains and communicates the needs of the Zoo reservation calendar.
- Maintains a prompt and professional flow of communication between the events team and both internal and external clients.
- Serves as the Birthday Party Booking Agent by professionally contracting and relaying client needs.
- To include: prompt client communication, upselling tactics, contracting, and scheduling of inclusions
- Communicates birthday party needs and client information to Party Hosts for event execution and executes birthday party programming when necessary.
- Serves as the primary for training and staffing of additional Party Hosts
- Coordinates internal Zoo meetings and events to include tasks such as resource allocation of equipment and diagram creation.
- Maintains and communicates monthly departmental calendars, task lists, and meeting agendas.
- Inventories and organizes “in office” event materials including birthday party program materials, Zoo linens, and general event materials.
- Data input and processing of financial, ticketing, and contract paperwork
- General office oversight including recording meeting notes, copying & filing, office supply orders, processing financial transactions, funneling inquiries from Zoo staff/general public to the appropriate Event Staff, and overall cleanliness/organization of the Events Office and storage.
- Entry level event duties such as: booking and scheduling of musicians, activation of enrichment activities, supervision of sponsorship days, etc.
- Provides the event team assistance with brainstorming, research and development, program description, and content creation.
- Provides day-of event execution assistance for public or private event programming when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Work Requirements and Qualifications:
- High School graduate.
- Bachelor’s degree desired.
- 1+ years customer service or event experience. Internships accepted as experience.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Characteristics
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Must be energetic, result and detail oriented, with strong organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with clients, guests and staff
- Must represent the Zoo in positive manner at all times.
- Able to take full initiative in starting and completing tasks.
- Must be proficient in Excel and Word
- Accurate and efficient, time management skills.
- Able and willing to work a non-standard work week, including nights and weekends and a flexible schedule.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to work outside in a variety of conditions, as needed.
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders.
- Ability to lift materials up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend and kneel.
- Ability to stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to operate golf cart or RTV vehicle.
Primarily business casual with Zoo logoed shirt provided for public and private event days as needed.
Applicants for this position are required to submit to a criminal background check and pass a drug test.
Medical, Dental, and Vision Instuance, Short and Long Term Disability, PTO, 401k
How to Apply
- Date Posted: January 24, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 02/14/2023
- Working Hours: Typically Tuesday- Saturday. Nights, Sundays, and overtime occasionally necessary. Flexibility required.