Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN / The Franklin Theatre
Events Marketing & Communications Manager
Heritage Foundation of Williamson County, TN / The Franklin Theatre
The Events Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for attracting and building audiences for a variety of performing arts, educational and fundraising events. Responsible for upholding and implementing the Heritage Foundation’s brand strategy across all owned and paid marketing and advertising platforms for events. Responsible for shared services marketing support for the foundation and operating divisions (i.e., The Franklin Theatre, Downtown Franklin Association) to share and spread the organization’s message, appropriately tailored to internal and external stakeholders.
To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Aid in the implementation of the creative design and execution of brand strategy across marketing platforms including but not limited to: websites and social media platforms, internal and external collateral materials, email and print pieces, advertising, and digital marketing
• Plan and execute marketing, advertising, and publicity campaigns to support ticket sales and festival attendance
• Draft press announcements, manage media, and cultivate coverage for events, as required
• Grow the Theatre and the Festivals’ individual and collective presence on social media and other digital platforms (i.e., websites, mobile app, email) by creating, updating, and executing content, campaigns, and lead acquisition
• Create social media content and collaborate with marketing team on strategy and cross-brand promotion
• Manage and create content for in-theatre marketing channels (i.e., flyers, signage, monitors & pre-show loops)
• Manage and grow the email databases and execute regular strategic email marketing campaigns
• Create and manage written, visual, and video content for brand storytelling and marketing communications; may include blogs, podcasts, newsletters, presentations, scripts, speeches and more
• Manage relationships with external agencies, artists, agents, partners, and other external influencers as directed by the brand marketing strategy
• Develop and utilize reporting systems and analytics to track and monitor individual marketing campaign impact
• Establish and grow partnerships with media, community organizations, and individuals to promote events
• Collaborate with fellow Heritage Foundation Leaders to confirm all events are appropriately marketed and supported, in accordance with budget, contract obligations, venue specifications, and operational needs
• Contribute to and support a positive, creative, and collaborative culture and continuously improve efficiency, communication, and branded marketing product • Regular and reliable attendance
• Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in business or marketing preferred. Minimum 5 years professional experience including at least 3 years’ experience in marketing (event marketing preferred).
Computer Skills / Technical Knowledge: Windows, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Word Press, email programs. Graphic design, photography and/or video editing skills preferred.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages.
Language Skills: Ability to understand, read, write, and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, safety data sheets (SDS) or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write reports, business correspondence and policy. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors, and the public.
Reasoning Ability: HIGH. Must be able to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions, and initiate appropriate course of action. Must effectively convey ideas, images, and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
Other Qualifications: General knowledge of computer applications for the frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to perform duties under pressure, prioritize workload, and timely meet deadlines. Must have the aptitude and ability to self-direct work. Ability to work irregular hours and weekends.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs and ladders; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work in a fast-paced, sometimes stressful, customer service-oriented environment, perform duties under pressure and meet deadlines in a timely manner. The employee must work as part of a team, complete assignments independently and take instructions from supervisors. WORK ENVIRONMENT: Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities. Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate-controlled office environment where routine equipment is used; some equipment has moving mechanical parts. May need to work in tight spaces with poor ventilation. May frequently work in outside weather conditions being exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. May be exposed to hot and cold temperatures. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals, flammables, pesticides, etc.
Noise level varies from an office environment to an outdoor festival with music and entertainment.
Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air.
Medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter (with salary requirements) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Events Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: August 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture