Discovery Center at Murfree Spring
Discovery Center at Murfree Spring
General Position Summary:
The Events Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Vice President of Philanthropy with the Development Team and the Education Team in planning all revenue generating events hosted by Discovery Center at Murfree Spring. These events include fundraisers, friendraisers, and member events.
The Events Coordinator must be self-starting, have strong organization skills, ability to multitask, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work independently and as a member of a collaborative team and under tight deadlines. Evening and weekend hours are required.
The coordinator should have a passion for outstanding customer service and donor relations. The
Coordinator must be able to deal directly with a large number of stakeholders and must be committed to treating everyone associated with Discovery Center — from Discovery Center’s top donors to all staff — with respect and care. The coordinator further must be able to organize forces and motivate people to action.
The Special Events Coordinator will:
• Gather event information internally and participate in event brainstorming and planning
• Conduct event research (venues, vendors and speakers, etc.)
• Proof all materials related to events
• Serve as liaison to all vendors on event matters
• Provide periodic progress reports to Leadership Team and program coordinators for each event
• Schedule events on the macro level (Discovery Center’s annual calendar) and micro level (event detail
• Work with Discovery Center CFO and VP of Philanthropy in preparing event budgets
• Negotiate contracts for space, food, supplies, audiovisual equipment, travel, signage, décor, etc.,
to meet the expectations of Leadership
• Prepare and manage event registration databases and development database
• Keep track of all event finances
• Prepare all day-of-event materials
• Oversee and manage event team leaders and volunteers
• Supervise on-site production and post-event
• Close out events, and conduct post-event debrief, assure all donor information is updated in
Development databases, conduct any follow-up required with stakeholders
• Constantly work to provide and receive feedback to improve Discovery Center’s events
• Conduct follow-up and outreach to donors and other event attendees and coordinate with Vice President of Philanthropy
• Additionally, assist with database entry, acknowledgement correspondence and other donor correspondence and stewardship
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years in planning events.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent skills in organizing work groups and managing and motivating staff and volunteers to
- work under the specific time constraints of a major event
- Extreme grace under pressure
- This job requires periods of standing, sitting, walking, use of hands and arms, bending, lifting, use of computer and keyboard, listening and speaking in person and on the phone.
- Noise level varies from quiet to loud
- Temperature varies from hot to cold
Discovery Center has a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance as well as paid time off and a 401k.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: November 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 01/04/2022