Reports To: Executive Director
Area of Responsibility: Development
Wage Classification: Exempt
Position Summary: Nashville Ballet is seeking a versatile professional to lead donor-centric events initiatives, and manage Nashville Ballet’s largest annual fundraiser, the prestigious Ballet Ball. The Events Coordinator is a take charge professional with the ability to manage administration, logistics and relationships associated with event management and execution in support of the entire organization in a busy environment of stakeholder activities. They must be able to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, and meet deadlines, and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. The Events Coordinator should have a proficiency in project management, provide outstanding customer service, be an enthusiastic and mission-driven professional, and be able to build relationships with internal and external customers. This position demands exceptional knowledge of managing and supporting constituents and volunteers, sound judgment, and the ability to problem solve and mitigate/respond to logistical concerns. This position has responsibility for project budgets and holds relationships with event-related product and service donors/vendors. Included under the responsibility of this professional is Nashville Ballet’s Ballet Ball – largest annual fundraising event, in coordination with the development team, with a $300,000-350,000 net budget goal – all logistics and execution of membership events/programs, including the Ambassadors’ Society, Benefactors’ Society and Friends of Nashville Ballet, as well as promotional events, marketing events, announcement events, appreciation events, and more.
Event Planning and Production:
• Serve as the single point of contact for the planning of all Nashville Ballet events, both on and off site, working with internal departments to determine and deliver the objectives for the event from conception to event evaluation.
• Coordinate and execute all communication strategies regarding events such as postal and email invitations (Wordfly), RSVP management, sales communication, etc. Professional will also work with support of the development team to acquire in-kind donation requests, fundraising, and underwriting requests.
• Serve as liaison and assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet quality expectations.
• Effectively communicate with volunteers, staff, and vendors, delegating appropriate planning and execution of responsibilities.
• Create and revise room layouts for each event.
• Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Close out all events as required and assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events, as necessary.
• Actively gather data on each project to achieve quality event experiences.
• Drive the event planning and execution process by creating and utilizing timelines, planning templates, underwriting lists and projections, and meeting agendas.
• Assist with preparing budgets, track event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
• Coordinate scheduling of events on the company calendar.
• Ensure event data is being imputed and tracked appropriately within Nashville Ballet’s database (Tessitura); invitation lists, reservations, attendees, donations, etc.
• Collaborate with staff from all applicable departments, to create and implement event timeline, guest list and speaking points.
• All other duties deemed necessary by directors.
• Serve as the primary point of contact and steward for Ballet Ball Co-Chairs to manage logistic/fundraising progress, support administrative needs, and otherwise keep their event planning efforts on track for a timely and successful event.
• In collaboration with Ballet Ball Co-Chairs, organize and steward the Ballet Ball Committee members (as needed, varies annually).
• In collaboration with the Ballet Ball Manpower Committee, organize and manage all day-of volunteers for Ballet Ball set-up.
• Represent Nashville Ballet and build key relationships at performances, School events, community events, and local business organizations as needed.
• Operate with a virtual 100% accuracy and data-entry integrity.
• Assists development team in data entry/management during peak times.
• Possess desire and ability to self-check work.
• Possess desire and ability to contribute to a positive and effective team.
• Regularly demonstrate sound judgment and discretion with confidential information.
• Maintain exceptional customer service skills.
• Work as part of a team to engage in strategic and purposeful use of Tessitura database to strengthen development practices.
• Keep all documentation organized to be easily accessible by all users.
Work Requirements and Qualifications:
1. Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
2. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with donors, volunteers, staff, and vendors.
• Exceptional attention to detail and ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Effective project management skills, including setting and meeting deadlines.
• Ability to make decisions and creatively solve problems.
• Experience and aptitude with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, email marketing platforms, and database management, preferably Tessitura
• Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the organization.
3. Experience: 2-4 years of special event planning experience preferred
4. Ability to work some evenings and weekends for events and performances
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are a non-exhaustive list of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to handle, feel, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms above the shoulders. The employee is frequently required to sit and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative to those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Disclaimer Statement: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this document is intended to be an accurate description of the current job, circumstances may require that other, or different tasks be performed (e.g., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments).
Health/dental/optical insurance, 401K, paid vacation/sick days
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please email the items below in one PDF file with your name as the filename to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Events Coordinator” as the email’s subject line. No phone calls, please.
• A substantive cover letter with salary requirements
• A resume no longer than 2 pages
• 2 Professional References
• Writing samples may be requested.
- Date Posted: March 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Arts / Culture