Nashville Humane Association
Nashville Humane Association
The Events Coordinator at Nashville Humane will handle all things events and community relationships. The Events Coordinator will facilitate the planning, logistics, and execution of our 4 signature events, while also building and maintaining local business and corporate relationships through adoption events and community fundraisers.
The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, detail-oriented multitasker who can handle the coordination of multiple events at a time. They will have in-depth knowledge of how to secure special event permits within the state of TN, specifically within Davidson County. They will have experience and knowledge of local TABC and Beer Board laws, as well as experience with sponsorship and vendor sales. We want someone with a great attitude who is ready to help us end animal homelessness one fun shelter event at a time! While you do not need to love animals, do keep in mind we are an animal shelter, in which you will be around animals every single day, whether you’re at your desk or on-site at an event. This is a full-time salary position, but some events will take place after business hours and on weekends.
- Work with the Director of Development (DD), Executive Director (ED) and other staff to develop, implement, and execute the strategic Fundraising Event calendar for NHA, including annual, monthly, and weekly objectives. Prepare status reports. Formulate and recommend strategies to expand and improve event operations.
- Manage all aspects of special event planning, coordination, and execution.
- Work with the DD to build event sponsorship decks, set sponsorship, and set appropriate deliverable tiers.
- Collaborate on event promotion with the PR and Social teams – ranging from large ‘signature’ events to small community one-off events.
- Create monthly event calendars to share internally, with the PR team, and for the website.
- Organize, document, and report on event outcomes.
- Create event budgets alongside DD and ED. Track PNLs for all events.
Prepare invoices and invoice tracking for all sponsorship, vendor, ticket sales, and donations for each event.
- Maintain day-to-day lists, agendas, plans, and schedules for all events – Signature and community outreach events.
- Ensure all event operations are meeting goals and fundraising budgets.
- Work to secure sponsors, vendors, and volunteers on behalf of NHA.
- Coordinate and monitor that all sponsor and vendor deliverables are being met for each event.
- Work with PR and Social team to ensure all event websites are up to date with dates, times, FAQ’s and logos.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator, Director of Operations, and Executive Director to ensure events are appropriately staffed, and the job assignments are appropriately managed. Once staffing is assigned, manage all proper communications and ensure volunteers and staff successfully execute their tasks at events.
- Create detailed “shot” lists for all signature events and community events to share with internal PR and Social teams and hired photographers and Media partners.
- Liaise with event planning committee members, stakeholders, staff members, board members and other applicable persons to effectively plan, coordinate, and execute events on behalf of NHA.
- Work with vendors to ensure NHA is receiving the maximum benefit and resources from suppliers.
- Work with the Director of Operations and Director of Development to ensure all post-event activities, recaps, media recognitions, etc are being executed properly.
Note: These events may occur after business hours or on weekends, and a flexible schedule will need to be maintained. Additionally, this position may be responsible for other duties not listed above.
- Bachelor’s Degree or educational equivalent.
- 2+ years of professional experience in the areas of festival coordination, gala coordination, community outreach, and other related fields.
- Additional professional experience may be considered as a replacement for the degree. Should possess strong collaboration, organization, communication, professional writing, time management, and project management skills.
- Detail Oriented
- Sense of Urgency
- Confident Leader
- Simple IRA with a 3% company match
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 1, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 11/20/2023
- Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours M-F, some weekends and holidays required