Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee
Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee
Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for the coordination of chapter special events, maximizing external events and assisting the development team as needed. Events will be managed to maximize revenue and positive outcomes within the community by working with established budgets and partners and ensuring that Make-A-Wish® Middle Tennessee retains a consistent presence throughout the service area.
- Drive philanthropic engagement and initiatives through the cultivation of individuals, foundations, and schools throughout Middle Tennessee.
- Implement and/or execute the following fundraising initiative and programs
- Kids for Wish Kids / Wishmakers on Campus
- Wishes in Flight
- External Events
- Oversee other special projects and campaign events as identified by the CEO
- Provide event scheduling, planning, production, logistics, and budgets.
- Maintain accurate records of all in-kind and monetary donations.
- Ensure all documentation is completed accurately.
- Evaluate events and fundraising platforms through the compilation of participant feedback. Analyze event performance.
- Manage and track event progress towards fundraising goals, provide updates to CEO on regular basis.
- Oversee external events by ensuring contracts are complete, providing Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee representation at event, and stewarding donor following external event.
- Utilize donor information systems to track donor relationships, actions, meetings, and development goals.
Cultivate relationships with current donors and prospective volunteers and donors
- Professional development/fundraising/event experience; bachelor’s degree required
- Proven managerial skills and the ability to develop and inspire staff and volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience conceptualizing, writing and coordinating campaign materials
- Strong proofreading skills
- Superb organization and administrative skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team-oriented environment
- Flexibility and high tolerance for change and ambiguity
- Outgoing personality and positive attitude
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, design software and fundraising databases
(Salesforce experience a plus)
- Occasional evening and weekend hours, as required
- Must be physically able to assist, when necessary, with event set-up and breakdown,
- including lifting up to 25 lbs.
Salary to be negotiated. Full-time benefits include robust vacation package, Comprehensive benefit package that is paid for by the chapter, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. Simple IRA program.
How to Apply
Send resume and cover letter to Beth Torres, President & CEO, Make-A-Wish Middle Tennessee
- Date Posted: May 1, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/05/2023
- Working Hours: 35 hours/week; 8:30-5:30 M-Th, 9:00-12:00 Friday