Events & Communications Coordinator
Tennessee Justice Center
For over 25 years, we at the Tennessee Justice Center (TJC) have been standing with vulnerable Tennessee families and helping them access basic necessities of life. We believe that all our neighbors have value and dignity, that all deserve the opportunity to thrive, and that our laws and public policy should reflect these shared values. Every day our courageous team works hard on behalf of and in partnership with Tennessee individuals, families, and communities.
Do you want to join our fight?
We are looking to hire an Events & Communications Coordinator to support the work we do by planning and driving attendance to our training programs. If you’re ambitious, enjoy writing marketing copy and are over the top organized, then this could be the job for you. This position reports directly to our Director of Communication and interacts regularly with our team of trainers.
A typical day might look like:
- Planning the logistics of virtual and in-person (post-Covid) training events
- Writing marketing copy that drives attendance to training events
- Creating and distributing eye-catching email newsletter campaigns for various teams
- Researching and updating our contact database
- Supporting various outreach campaigns for our communications and development teams
This job might be for you if:
- You are a creative writer and have an eye for great design
- You excel at planning events and remembering all the details that make them magical
- You enjoy creating email campaigns and staying on top of the latest best practices
- You are super organized and obsessively take detailed notes on everything
- You flourish on a small team where all hands-on deck is the norm
This job is even a better fit if:
- You have graduated from a college or university
- You have knowledge about marketing and communication best practices
- You have examples of email marketing campaigns you’ve designed and distributed
- You have at least two years’ experience working in a non-profit or business environment
Why you would want to join us:
The Tennessee Justice Center offers amazing co-workers, competitive salary and excellent benefits, including paid maternity/paternity leave, retirement plan contribution, and high-quality medical, disability, and life insurance coverage. TJC is committed to equity and inclusion. People of color and individuals from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Send us your cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com. Please include “Events & Comm Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
For more information about the Tennessee Justice Center, visit tnjustice.org.
- Date Posted: December 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F