Tennessee Kidney Foundation
Events and Outreach Coordinator
Tennessee Kidney Foundation
Tennessee Kidney Foundation (TKF) is a nonprofit organization focused on empowering and supporting individuals at risk or affected by kidney disease, and its vision is a Tennessee where the rate of kidney disease is minimized and everyone who needs care receives care. Providing innovative and life-sustaining prevention, education, and direct assistance programs in a 42-county service area, TKF is a vital community resource. TKF staff members work collaboratively as a team to ensure that inclusion and compassion for clients and the public are at the center of their work.
The Events and Outreach Coordinator will report to the Director of Development and Director of Programs and Outreach. This individual supports the Director of Development with all planning, implementation, and closeout tasks related to the primary TKF fundraising events and all other events as assigned and supports the Director of Programs and Outreach with all community outreach and engagement activities.
The Events and Outreach Coordinator position is a full-time, salaried position. As of this job posting, TKF staff work remotely three days per week and in person two days per week and as required by the organization’s activities. This position is expected to be present at all TKF events and requires occasional work after hours, including evenings and weekends.
Work Environment and Culture
TKF is committed to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We desire a workplace where each member of our team can be themselves and bring their best selves to our work.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
TKF currently has a hybrid remote and in-person work environment. The Events and Outreach Coordinator must be available to work in-person on Tuesdays and Thursdays and as required by the organization’s activities.
- Provide professional communication with attendees, sponsors, and table hosts.
- Assistance with sponsor and attendee recruitment and follow-up, including the generation of Return-on-Investment Reports after each event.
- Facilitation of the invoicing process for sponsorship payments.
- Research, coordinating RFP processes, and providing the Director of Development with proposals for vendor services as needed.
- Manage vendor communications, including quotes, invoicing, and payment processing.
- Creation of all digital and print collateral materials for each event.
- Oversee and complete the mailing and emailing processes for all event invitations and collaterals, including the vetting, and updating of email and mailing lists.
- Manage event registration and checkout processes from start to finish.
- Manage all live and silent auction functions before, during, and after the event.
- Take the lead role to manage sponsorship benefits fulfillment and ensure obligations are met.
- Serve as a key point of contact for day of event logistics.
- Coordinate with the Executive Assistant to ensure event donations, pledges, and sponsorship payments are processed and data is entered into the CRM.
- Ensure the timely distribution of event and development/fundraising acknowledgments.
- Engage with kidney patients (dialysis patients, CKD patients, and transplant candidates, recipients and donors), dialysis centers, transplant centers, and medical practices to ensure they are aware of the field of TKF programs available and how to access the programs.
- Engage with local communities with general information about TKF and identify opportunities to provide organizational information to at-risk communities and maintain a list of current and prospective community partners.
- Provide opportunities for community partners to participate in virtual kidney education programs in live, facilitated formats and by sharing recordings of educational events.
- Work closely with identified community partners and at-risk individuals to schedule and identify new opportunities for in-person kidney health screening and community health events.
- Coordinate volunteer outreach, recruitment, and scheduling for each TKF event and maintain a database of current volunteers.
- Write, edit, and perform audience segmentation for Emma email campaigns.
- Generate social media posts and manage analytics and engagement on each platform.
- Review TKF WordPress website consistently to update organizational information, test active links, and review and update events and donation information.
- Take the lead on the RFP process for promotional materials and maintain a supply inventory of all promotional items.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or commensurate experience.
- Two (2) or more years of event and outreach experience, with nonprofit experience preferred
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PPT, Excel, Outlook), Salesforce, Canva, WordPress, Emma Email Marketing, social media platforms, and BidPal or other online auction systems.
- Actively seeks to become a subject matter expert in the field of kidney health as well as the social determinants of health
- Experience with data entry and management
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Cooperative, collaborative, and communicative work style
- Positive and welcoming attitude with superior customer service skills
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be available to work in-person on Tuesdays and Thursdays and as required by the organization’s activities
Competitive starting salary range of $50,000-55,000 based on experience
Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits provided for all full-time employees
403b retirement plan with 5% employer match for all full-time employees
- Generous vacation allowance for new employees, with benefits increasing after year 1
- Holiday schedule: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Friday after Thanksgiving, and the week between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day
- 15 sick days annually, with accrual up to 30 days
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: July 12, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 50,000-55,000