The TN Performing Arts Center
Event Technical Director
The TN Performing Arts Center
The Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) values staff diversity and actively encourages people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, perspectives, skills, and stories to apply in order to advance our nonprofit mission and enrich our organizational culture. All staff will work with others throughout the organization to implement and exemplify policies as part of TPAC’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, access, and equity. TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
The Event Technical Director position supports the back of house operations in all activities needed to provide a positive client experience and to ensure client safety. Working within TPAC’s Technical Department this position is positive, engaging, contemporary, supportive of the arts community, and representative of TPAC’s core values, while also maintaining and implementing safety protocols. By providing outstanding service to our clients, this position is vital to TPAC and the execution of engagements.
- Coordinate day-of details with clients and other TPAC staff including but not limited to: schedule, equipment inventory and use, technical labor, special requests, and issues.
- Take an active role in event-related Department Head responsibilities that may include Stage Management, Lighting, Audio, Carpentry, or other areas of support.
- Prepare event billing that fully and accurately accounts for labor and equipment as well as other post-event reporting.
- Maintain technical equipment and facilities; proactively sourcing and executing projects
- Act as crew steward during select engagements and coordinate with building Security and local authorities to assume crowd control/evacuation responsibilities in the event of an emergency.
- Providing a courteous and welcoming environment for both guests and fellow team members, promoting a positive work environment.
- Ensuring compliance of all Covid-19 Policies and Procedures.
- Supports TPAC’s Diversity, Inclusion, Access and Equity (DIAE) program
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other related duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required: Flexible full time availability, including evening, weekend, and possible holiday hours. Daily email access. Consistent professional and neat presentation.
Preferred: Theatrical Rigging and Carpentry experience, Customer Service Experience. Ability to work well in a group. Ability to problem solve and remain calm in stressful situations.
Encouraged: Bilingual, First Aid/CPR certified, forklift certified
SOFTWARE AND SERVICES USED
ADP Workforce Now, Email, Zoom, Microsoft Suite, Concur, VenueOps, When I Work
FREQUENT FUNCTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Frequent Functions: Standing and being stationary for long periods of time. Pushing/pulling. Ascending and Descending flights of stairs and ladders. Face to face contact. Working in the dark with loud noises and flashing lights. Basic math skills. Analysis, problem solving/decision making. Lifting and moving equipment up to 30 lbs.
Occasional Functions: Bending and Stooping. Ability to work outside in all weather conditions including hot and cold temperatures. Working at a high elevation.
TPAC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D, short term and long term disability, 401K with employer match, EAP, paid time off and holidays
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our career portal:
- Date Posted: August 22, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture