Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
SPECIAL KIDS IS A NON-PROFIT CHRISTIAN THERAPY AND NURSING CENTER FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
We’re based in Murfreesboro, TN; Christ-focused; and ready to serve each family that comes through our doors. We’re professionals who are trained and licensed; but first, we’re Christ followers with a God-sized mission that is only met through Him. Special Kids offers professional services to children ages birth through 21 years. Our treatment range encompasses children who need a little extra help, to children who are medically fragile, and to all sorts of diagnoses in between. Development team members at Special Kids have opportunities for team collaboration as well as collaboration with other disciplines, and with community partners. Development team members are encouraged to participate in community events and represent the organization with a Christ-like attitude. Their focus is on developing investors to provide resources for the operational needs and future expansion of Special Kids. Currently we are looking for an Events Specialist to join our team to help us with our annual events and to research new event opportunities. 2-3 years’ experience is preferred. Full -time, benefits, paid time off and holidays.
Plans and manages all Special Kids annual events such as the Special Kids Race, Golf Classic, and Banquet by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Updates and maintains event planning and calendar throughout the year.
- Negotiates and maintains relationships with preferred vendors and event sponsors.
- Compiles estimated costs and manages event budgets.
- Assists Marketing in creation of internal and external promotional pieces.
- Coordinates registration and payment procedures, promotional advertising and mailings, and sponsorship activities. Works with Program Specialist on documentation and invoicing investors,
- Organizes all event logistics and itineraries.
- Manages on-site staffing and registration.
- Determines appropriate responses to problems and emergencies. Works with Director of Development to resolve.
- Provides project status updates.
- Coordinates committee relations.
- Evaluates each event and collaborates with the Director of Development on any changes that need to be made for future events.
- Maintaining the Impact Program by building relationships with current and potential investors.
- Attends meetings and conferences and participates in other activities to promote professional growth.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor or associate degree in business, marketing, organizational communications or other related field. 1-2 years’ experience in event planning preferred.
To be successful in this job, an individual should have basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software and web-based applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None required; CPR certification recommended.
- Servant’s heart.
- Passion to serve the children and families.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Team-minded and focused.
- Joyful in spirit.
- Respectful of authority.
- Solves problems creatively.
Full -time, benefits, paid time off and holidays.
How to Apply
Please visit – https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/All/69678fde-bdd8-4e9d-ae98-f6105a0e1f68/Special-Kids-Inc
- Date Posted: December 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Community Development