Event Setup Staff
Event Set Up & Operations Technician
Full time- Must be available to work nights and weekends
Position: Event Operations Staff
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Work Week: 4-5 days a week between Wednesday – Sunday. Occasional schedule fluctuations dependent on the needs of the events. Nights & holidays are often required.
Reports to: Director of Events
Event Operations staff members receive daily instructions, tasks and oversight from the Event Operations Coordinator. The staff are responsible for executing the setup/breakdown of both public, private and internal events and maintaining clean and accurate event inventories and venue spaces.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete assigned weekly event tasks including set up, breakdown of table, chairs, props, etc. to meet the needs of the calendar of events.
- Execute all tasks in a timely fashion and ensure the work performed meets the needs of the client and the event.
- Perform daily venue and storage area checks with routine cleaning of spaces. Required to immediately notify the supervisor of any existing safety or event-related concerns.
- Maintain clean and organized inventory of equipment; moving to proper storage areas as needed.
- Work with other Zoo departments to maintain the needs of event areas including working with horticulture to perform weeding, mulching, fertilizing, seeding, pruning, etc. of venues; working with grounds on trash removal and pressure washing of venues and materials, and working with Service Systems & Associates to meet the operational needs of the catering team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Ability to perform assigned tasks in an organized and efficient manner
- Ability to operate small and medium equipment and tools required for the execution of assigned tasks efficiently and safely
- Ability to perform basic landscape, lawn, and general venue maintenance
- Ability to responsibly use and maintain assigned tools and equipment
- Ability to interact professionally with both staff and visitors
Must be able to work outside year-round in inclement weather conditions such as extreme high/low temperatures, snow, and rain conditions. Must be able to work on his or her feet for extended periods of time and have the ability to bend, stoop, extend oneself, etc., as required for performing assigned tasks. Must be able to work on ladders, scaffolding, and lifts. Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 100 pounds.
A Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent is required. Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have a minimum of 1 year of general event or manual labor experience.
Zoo uniforms issued with additional Zoo logoed shirts provided for public and private event days as needed.
Applicants for this position are required to submit to a criminal background check and pass a drug test.
Medical, Dental, Vision, STD/LTD, 401K match, PTO, and Sick Time
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 09/30/2023
- Salary Range: $14
- Working Hours: 40