The Events Manager must create event experiences that exhibit the mission, values, and culture of GraceWorks while supporting fundraising efforts. The Events Manager must strongly embrace the GraceWorks mission and values and have excellent skills in project management, teamwork, attention to detail, multitasking, and collaborative leadership.
The Events Manager will lead the logistical planning and execution for three key fundraising events: Neighbor Serving Neighbor Dinner, Golf Fore GraceWorks, and the Turkey Trot. They will also assist in smaller events as assigned including a Church Appreciation Breakfast and others as assigned.
The Events Manager is responsible for making sure that sponsors are cared for. While not responsible for soliciting sponsors, the Events Manager will fully support Development Team fundraisers by providing communication schedules/drafts, tracking success to goals in Salesforce, ensure sponsors are welcomed, informed, invited, thanked, and made aware of post-event results. The Events Manager will work closely with the Marketing Department to make sure marketing plans for each event are executed with respect to the ministry-wide marketing calendar.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES for each event include the following:
- Logistical planning for events: As Events Manager, this person will manage all the logistical needs for every event including articulating a detailed annual timeline, maintaining a minute-by-minute week-of timeline for each event, packing lists, identifying volunteer needs, acquiring vendors and managing their contracts, securing locations for each event, city, and state permits, and working with all internal departments for the flawless execution of events.
- Supporting fundraisers for event solicitations: The Events Manager will create a fundraising timeline and communication schedule to inform all Development Team fundraisers when to communicate what details about events.
- Articulate marketing needs for print products, social media campaigns, email communications, webpages, giving links, press releases, and more. Will work with the Marketing Department to set a marketing schedule for each event.
- Manage sponsorship care to execute promised promotions in our sponsorship menu and consider above-and-beyond ways to make our sponsors feel thanked and valued.
- Tracks sponsorship targets, pledges, and gifts for each event using the current database.
- Set the program content for each event with the Director of Development and CEO. Help gather the appropriate content to execute the program.
- Manage event budgets by tracking expenses and bidding out to multiple vendors for each service.
- Build and manage reports and dashboards that track current year event metrics and compare year-over-year results.
- Host post-event debriefs to collect successes and possibly changes for next year.
- Attend Development Team meetings.
- Able to react to change productively and handle all other duties/essential tasks as assigned.
Responsibilities for Neighbor Serving Neighbor Dinner
- Manage all vendors including host site, food, bartenders, AV, auction, rentals, and others as needed.
- Manage day-of volunteers and staff.
- Manage the event committee, setting agendas, leading meetings with the Director of Development and committee lead, providing updates to committee members, and articulating expectations of committee members. Work with the Development Team to recruit committee members.
- Coordinate the solicitations of sponsors and auction items and prompt solicitors.
- Manage the auction.
- Manage the guest list.
Responsibilities for Golf Fore GraceWorks
- Manage all vendors including the hosting golf course, pro shop, donated meal vendors, and others as needed.
- Manage day-of volunteers and staff.
- Set meeting agendas and co-lead meetings with the Director of Development.
- Create a communication schedule for recruitment and stewardship of golfers for fundraisers to use.
- Execute the Fundraisers Elite Pre-Game at Golf Sanctuary.
- Track team members and amounts raised.
- Acquire prizes for all players and winning teams.
- Acquire pro-shop vendor and manage pro-shop menu.
- Solicit local businesses to acquire items for player goodie bags including a gift from GraceWorks and donated products/coupons. Thank these donors.
Responsibilities for Turkey Trot
- Manage all vendors including the timing company, course management company, and registration form host (all Start2Finish); t-shirt company, porta-potties, City of Franklin, police, host site, and more as needed.
- Manage day-of volunteers and staff. Work with Start2Finish as the primary point of contact on the event day.
- Set meeting agendas and lead meetings.
- Organize the logistics of hosting packet pick-up and race day (including event layout, volunteers, rentals, sponsor needs, online registration/check-in form, vendors, etc.)
- Acquire the t-shirts and any other swag prizes for peer-to-peer fundraisers.
- Manager VIT (Very Important Trotter) care.
Manage volunteers at events and work with Volunteer Manager to acquire them., Supervise vendors for events.
This position has a shared office space with some ability to work remotely. The position is in an office setting involving everyday risks or discomforts requiring standard safety precautions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have a high ability to manage, strong communication skills, the ability multi-task, attention to detail, and the ability to keep calm under pressure. They must have experience in donor care and communication, be able to effectively communicate, and train a team to execute the event and represent GraceWorks with the utmost dignity and grace. Must exercise confidentiality with sensitive materials. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
2 years + experience with events. Large events of 400+ guests are a plus.
Experience and a high degree of comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, and Google Suite
Understanding/acquaintance with task and project management applications/concepts
Knowledge of Salesforce Nonprofit CRM or other related systems
A motivated, energetic self-starter with strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and an appreciation for accuracy. The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; technology and ability to learn quickly; developed organizational skills, including excellent time and self-management skills; Strong sense of initiative and ownership of projects; ability to remain calm under pressure; ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously; ability to work independently and as a part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills showing a professional and compassionate demeanor.
Health Insurance, Simple IRA, PTO
How to Apply
Go To: graceworkstn.org
- Date Posted: May 25, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/01/2023
- Salary Range: 45,000-50,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm