Friends of Warner Parks
Event Coordinator and Office Specialist
Friends of Warner Parks
The Events Coordinator and Office Specialist will be the primary contact for events that enhance Friends of Warner Parks’ (FOWP) profile, grow awareness, and support the mission to preserve, steward, and protect Warner Parks. The position is responsible for logistics for all fundraising events for FOWP and Warner Park Nature Center (WPNC). This position serves as the frontline reference source for staff, volunteers, board members, and donors. The position will assist the President and staff with any administrative needs, including management of office calendar, ordering of supplies, and board meeting logistics.
The Events Coordinator and Office Specialist is responsible for managing and supporting FOWP and WPNC fundraising events, including but not limited to Full Moon Pickin Parties, Shelter Dinners, Hummingbird Happy Hour, Sunday in the Park, and volunteer/donor appreciation events. A successful candidate will be a creative, innovative thinking and collaborator.
In addition, this position will assist the President and other staff with general administrative needs. This position will be the main point of contact at the office headquarters, with the expectation of being on-site Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm, providing a personal, positive experience for anyone visiting the office.
Candidates should also be familiar and knowledgeable about Warner Parks and be passionate about FOWP’s mission.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of FOWP’s events.
- In coordination with management and the board, plan and manage events calendar.
- Build, manage, and promote relationships with vendors, Metro Parks and Recreation, volunteers, and other constituents. Negotiate quotes and agreements.
- Assist with event marketing.
- Create an environment that promotes safety and efficiency during the planning and execution of each event.
- Participate in the creation of revenue and expense budgets for each event.
- Provide post event reports with data-driven analysis including feedback, goal attainment, and recommendations for future event improvements.
- Oversee the day-to-day activities of the office.
- Assist President and management with special projects.
- Coordinate donor and prospect meetings.
- Oversee/maintain office equipment.
- Receive and sort mail.
- Organize and maintain office calendar.
- Other duties as assigned to support the FOWP mission.
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years minimum experience in event management.
- Database management and reporting skills.
- Experience with events and social media coordination.
- Project management skills and experience in implementing successful events.
- Strong financial acuity to ensure costs are being managed.
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful with ability to thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, with minimal day-to-day supervision, and as a member of a small, supportive team.
- Ability to work in a variety of settings, including a shared office environment and outdoors in extreme weather.
This position is full-time with benefits and bi-monthly salary payments commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Interested persons should send a resume and cover letter explaining their qualifications to Amy Albright: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: June 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 07/15/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F