This entry-level position is intended to be a full-time position, but we will entertain a part-time position depending on the right candidate. There is also a great potential for growth in this position. The successful candidate will have the following skills: attention to details, prior event experience, strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility, ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously, professionalism and creativity. Proficient computer skills are required, including experience with databases and Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Candidate will be a self-starter who can work independently, but also follow directions, discern when to make independent decisions and when to consult others and excels at taking projects from concept through complete wrap-up. This is a hands-on position in the events field that requires lifting, washing votives, hanging banners, working with volunteers, set-up and clean-up of events and other duties as assigned. Candidate MUST be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed. Prior office environment and non-profit experience are strongly desired.
- Assistance with all aspects of our largest Annual Fundraiser, River Swing including areas such as the following (but not limited to only these):
- Creation of Sponsorship Materials
- Creation of Auction Materials
- Auction Item Solicitation, Photography, Pick-up and Signage
- Week of set-up and week after strike
- Assistance with details of and materials for the event
- Assistance with communications and media as needed
- Assistance with other Donor events like:
- Dinner IN the Creek
- Patron Party
- Third-party events
- Help in identifying additional fundraising events in the community and online
- Help with Outreach and other events as needed
- Other office and organizational tasks as assigned by Development Director and Philanthropy Manager.
- Prior event experience (paid or volunteer)
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Comfortable interacting professionally with all levels of donors, supporters, and volunteers. Includes excellent interpersonal communication skills by phone, in person and email.
- Aptitude for basic workplace technology, and ability to troubleshoot
- Ability to multi-task and stay calm under pressure
- Ability to develop effective work plans, organize details, set priorities, and meet deadlines
- Team player and strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Able and willing to work outside of the constraints of a standard work week, as required, including weekends and evenings
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects
- Work style characterized by self-motivation, initiative and integrity
- Commitment to the mission of Harpeth Conservancy
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Valid Driver’s License and adequate transportation and proof of insurance
- Must be able to work legally in the United States
Would be a plus:
- Knowledge and use of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Graphic Design proficiency, experience with Adobe Design or similar software
- Have connections from working or living in Tennessee
- Knowledge of and interest in conservation to aid in explanation of our work to a broad variety of audiences, both in written materials and person-to-person.
The salary base $36,000 with a range above based on experience. We will entertain the option of part-time depending on the candidate’s experience. There is great potential for growth with this position. This position is part of Harpeth Conservancy’s (HC) strategic growth plan to expand the number of vibrant, talented, and experienced leaders in Tennessee working together to ensure clean water and healthy rivers in Tennessee. The position is based at our office in Brentwood, TN. A flexible work schedule is expected to accommodate evenings and weekends, travel and traffic. Harpeth Conservancy benefits include paid-time-off and Blue Cross Blue Shield of TN cafeteria health insurance plan with a pre-tax Health Savings Account assuming certain thresholds are met for employment if not full-time, and a Simple-IRA retirement plan.
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter, resume and references to:
Haylee Waddey Hall, Development Director
- Date Posted: June 6, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 06/27/2022
- Salary Range: 36,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week - weekends and night availability required