BrightStone.org is a nonprofit serving adults with special needs and was founded in 1999. BrightStone is located in Franklin, TN.
Purpose of Position
The purpose of this position is to assist the Director of Fund Development ensuring both organizational and event goals are fulfilled. This includes any student or fund raising event held on campus or in the community.
Plan, organize, and manage all event logistics and details from start to finish to achieve event goals in revenue, sponsors, and participation as defined by the Director of Fund Development.
Manage all event planning, details, tasks, logistics, and tactics including:
- Achieve event revenue, donation, sponsor, and participation goals.
- Coordinate event committee meetings with Director and Event Chair.
- Insure in-person or online ticketing and registration procedures are in place.
- Coordinate with marketing with event invitations, advertisements, and publicity.
- Coordinate with volunteer manager when volunteers are needed.
- Coordinate with data manager when emails or mailing lists are needed.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Assist in planning schedules, mailings, notifications, messaging, soliciting and organizing volunteers
- Set up, direct and manage all ticketing and online registrations
- Obtain vendor quotes and submit purchase orders for approval
- Secure venue, food, insurance, décor and any other needs to host event
- Coordinate Event Planning Team by working with Director of Fund Development to set and communicate dates, agendas, minutes, oversee additional logistics (i.e., food, venue, etc. as requested), and specific tasks for each team member.
- Work with Volunteer Coordinator to insure volunteers are secured and trained.
- Monitor event timelines, ensuring that venue contracts, payments and any other deadlines are met in a timely manner and within budgetary guidelines
- Performs other related duties as required.
Experience and Attributes Required
- Must have 2 to 5 years of experience coordinating events, preferably for a nonprofit.
- Must be willing to work part-time, handle a flexible work schedule, and give the hours needed to insure success for each event
- Must be present before, during and after each event.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multitask, and love event planning.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Adept at using Microsoft Office (PC)
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred
This is an hourly, part-time position without benefits.
How to Apply
Apply online at:
- Date Posted: December 14, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 01/10/2022
- Salary Range: Depends on experience
- Working Hours: Flexible as needed