Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Cheekwood Estate & Gardens
Responsible for assisting Event Managers in coordination and execution of all weddings/corporate events/bar management for internal and external events at Nashville’s top rated wedding venue. Excellent entry level position with opportunity for growth and development.
- Serve as the Cheekwood liaison during a variety of events including weddings, corporate events, and bar management during internal and external programming from set up to take down.
- Knowledgeable of all Cheekwood rules and regulations regarding event planning and execution.
- Works directly with clients, vendors, planners, and staff as the event supervisor during weddings/events.
- Assist the Event Managers with execution/ coordination/ acting as a liaison for Cheekwood and vendors for internal events.
- Work with clients on event logistics post contract for ceremony only, micro wedding, and small external event clients.
- Assist the Event Sales Manager in small scale, inbound inquiries such as proposals, elopements, photo sessions.
- Work closely with the Event Managers in creative processes such as cash bar menu development, bar packages for private events, image boards for various events, small marketing efforts.
- Responsible for developing and supervising team members as determined by the Event Operations Manager.
- Required to be on-site for all weddings/events as assigned.
- Responsible for post event site clean-up and trash removal.
- Works with the Event Operations Manager to coordinate all equipment rentals and set up for all internal and external weddings/events.
- Prepares weekly updates of all upcoming weddings/events for Event Operations Manager.
- Prepares information packet for internal departments, such as vendor lists, BEOs and client maps.
- Serves as a liaison to ensure that communication is constantly maintained between the vendors during the wedding/events.
- Responsible for ensuring that caterers and wait staff clean the buildings inside and out before leaving the property.
- Reviews rental orders, floor plans, timelines, parking maps for external clients.
- Represents and delivers excellent customer service in keeping with Cheekwood’s brand.
- Adheres to all Cheekwood policies and procedures.
- Manages events on site with Event Supervisors as needed.
- Assists the Event Managers with scheduling, management and ensure team members have the proper ABC licensing.
- Bartend as needed for private and public events.
Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business, sales, or marketing is preferred or one year applicable/equitable experience in a professional setting. Position also requires an updated ABC license for serving alcohol.
- Extremely organized, yet very flexible; able to work varied hours.
- Ability to handle guests’ requests.
- Valid, current TN ABC license and bartending experience preferred.
- Ability to manage varied duties professionally and work well with team members and vendors.
- Strong analytical thinking skills, problem solving and communications skills (both written and oral) with attention to detail.
- Pro-active and the ability to prioritize and remain calm under pressure.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Passionate about food, beverage, and events with a commitment to client satisfaction.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and some holidays as required, many in outdoor settings.
- Excellent computer skills with a familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have minimum one-year professional wedding/events experience.
- Prior work experience in a non-profit organization is preferred.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short Term Disablity Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, 403b & ROTH 403b, AFLAC, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Employee Assistance Program.
How to Apply
This is a full-time entry level position with competitive benefits. Please send resume and letter of interest to Penny Bruckse, Vice President of Human Resources at Pbruckse@cheekwood.org.
Cheekwood is an equal opportunity employer
- Date Posted: July 21, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 08/03/2021
- Working Hours: Varies/ 40 hours wk.