Evening Residential Counselor
Oasis Center: Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Position: Evening Residential Counselor. Schedule M-W 3-11 or 4-12, Thursday 12-8, Friday 4-12
Summary: Actively provide supervision and help coordinate activities for youth 13-17 staying in the Emergency Shelter.
Salary Range: $30,000- 34,000 Based on Education & Experience
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Provide supervision for youth shelter residents
- Coordinate and supervise activities for residents when appropriate or assigned.
- Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the shelter program.
- Provide group services when appropriate or assigned.
- Facilitate the referral process for potential clients.
- Document client interaction in a consistent and ethical manner.
- Provide crisis counseling services through the agency coverage system.
- Provide liaison and referral services with appropriate mental health centers, courts, physicians, school systems, Department of Children’s Services and others as needed.
- Transport clients as needed.
- Knowledge and ability to apply behavior management techniques.
- Knowledge and ability to apply basic counseling principals.
- Knowledge and ability to apply group work theory.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
- Bachelor’s degree
Healh, Vision, Dental, 401K
How to Apply
Procedure: Send cover letter and resume to Shanda Hampton @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 27, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $30K- 34K