Evening Residential Counselor
Center Youth Voice – Ignite Change- Promote Justice
Oasis Center was founded in 1969, a group of young lawyers came together to establish the “Rap House,” a simple community center for runaway teens and youth struggling with addictions. Fifty years later, the “Rap House” has evolved into Oasis Center, where nearly 4,000 youth and families turn for help and direct support every year. Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access. Our 20+ programs and services are based on the foundation of four areas for youth success: Safety, Belonging, Empowerment, and Generosity.
Right now, our agency is growing – so if you have talent and skills, compassion and a mindset for justice, and you want to make a career in making a difference, please consider joining our incredible Oasis Center team.
Vision: to live in a world where all young people are safe, valued, connected to caring adults, and prepared for productive and fulfilling lives. We believe that progress is made toward this goal when we develop and encourage perspectives based on hope, a vision of what is possible, and the courage to act. We cultivate this change through caring relationships, meaningful action, and thoughtful reflection.
Position: Evening Residential
Hours: T, W, F 4-12
TH- 2-12 (staff meeting)
Summary: Actively provide supervision and help coordinate activities for youth 13-17 staying in the Emergency Shelter.
Salary Range: $37K-40K
- Provide supervision for youth shelter residents.
- Provide crisis line coverage.
- Coordinate and supervise activities for residents when appropriate or assigned.
- Provide intake and assessment services to youth and families referred to the shelter program.
- Provide group services when appropriate or assigned.
- Facilitate the referral process for potential clients.
- Provide crisis counseling services through the agency coverage system.
- Maintain consistent and timely records, including relevant reports to meet funding and licensing requirements.
- Knowledge and ability to apply behavior management techniques.
- Knowledge and ability to apply basic counseling principals.
- Knowledge and ability to apply group work theory.
- Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
- Knowledge of an ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent development.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3 years relevant experience.
Procedure: Send cover letter and resume to Marjorie Rice – email@example.com
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, ability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
12 Paid Holidays
Health Insurance w/HSA
Free employee dental and vision coverage
Free LTD policy
Free Life Insurance policy
401K w/up to 3% match
Paid paternal leave
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter with resume: Mrice@oasiscenter.org
- Date Posted: January 2, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 37K-41K