Entry-Level Case Management Service Navigator
Are you passionate about your work, but need the support and flexibility to sustain your personal life and responsibilities? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your skills in social services, build experience to help you achieve your career goals, and work with an awesome team?
Nashville CARES is seeking candidates to provide support to our case management team. This position will work directly with clients and staff to help them navigate internal and external social service systems. This position is specifically geared towards applicants entering the field and hoping to gain experience. This position provides opportunities for growth within the agency and also serves as an excellent chance to build skills as a social service professional to support you throughout your career in the field. This position is currently a combination of work from home and field work, so candidates must be able to visit clients in the greater Nashville area on a regular basis. Due to the variable nature of the agency’s work, staff are encouraged to work with their supervisor to tailor a work schedule that best fits their needs and those of the clients. The ideal person for this position will have less than two years of professional social services experience, enjoy working with a team and independently, have excellent problem-solving skills, and be able to balance compassion and boundaries in their work. At Nashville CARES, we believe as strongly in an actual work-life balance as we do in our mission and are seeking candidates who feel as strongly about both as we do.
Please submit your resume and a COVER LETTER explaining why you are specifically interested in this position to be considered.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provides support and follow-up to assist clients in accessing a variety of services and benefits
- Assists team members and assigned clients in scheduling appointments, assisting with paperwork, providing information and referral for medical, insurance, entitlement, housing, education, employment, and other identified services
- Provides the following to clients: HIV treatment education, treatment adherence skills, health and wellness education, provider communication skills, HIV status disclosure support, and safer sex education and support
- Provides additional social support to clients with limited support systems
- Facilitates access to HIV/AIDS information, CARES’ services, and referrals to other community organizations
- Distributes agency services, such as food bags and bus passes directly to clients within the agency and direct home delivery
- Completes eligibility applications and gathers needed supportive documentation to insure PLWH have access to and use of Ryan White and HOPWA programs
- Participates in client staffings
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge and skills to provide to support to clients accessing a wide array of social services
- Proficiency with a variety of technology, including Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook), electronic health records (training provided), and general Windows PC and cell phone technology
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business
- Professional / volunteer experience working with clients in HIV and/or social services setting
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and a full range of community resources
- Knowledge of Ryan White programs
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (starting at over 5 weeks per year, increasing over time with length of service); 12 paid holidays and more.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: May 19, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: $33,000-$35,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk