Enhanced Student Assistance Therapist – Williamson Co.
The STARS ESAP Therapist will be responsible for providing school-based individual therapy and related clinical services for students in their assigned schools.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to meet the essential functions and job responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As ESAP Therapist:
- Provides weekly individual therapy for a caseload of students referred to services for a range of presenting issues, which may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Trauma-related symptoms
- Self-injurious behaviors
- Struggles related to family transitions, such as divorce or adoption
- Grief and loss
- Engagement in oppositional or defiant behaviors
- Significant challenges with staying focused or on task in the classroom
- Difficulties with emotion regulation and communication skills
- Struggles with a range of social/emotional skills
- Conflicts with peers, teachers, or family members
- Provides case management and follow-up services with students, parents, school personnel and community professionals, which includes making appropriate referral services, as needed.
- Collaborates closely with school counselors, school social workers, and administrators to identify referrals to the program
- Meets with parents/guardians for orientation and intake meetings to initiate services.
- Maintains ongoing contact with parents/guardians related to progress toward treatment goals and any other significant developments in treatment; may include family sessions as needed
- Completes all required clinical paperwork according to deadlines (including assessments, interpretive summaries, treatment plans, safety plans, progress notes, and any other required paperwork) and maintains clinical files
- Collaborates with teachers and offers strategies for supporting student’s progress toward treatment goals in their classrooms
- Meets weekly with Clinical Supervisor to review cases and any issues related to the delivery of services or the ESAP program
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Master’s degree in counseling or social work required.
- Licensure as LPC-MHSP, LCSW, or LMFT strongly preferred; licensure in progress will be considered
- Three or more years of related experience, including school-based services.
- Knowledge and experience of social service referral sources in the community.
- Must possess leadership ability and team building skills.
- Strong human relation skills, strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to develop conceptual alternatives.
- Must possess the ability to implement and incorporate existing protocol, practices and policies into the work environment.
- Must have the ability to organize, implement and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc., of the business.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Exceptional skills in:
- Human relations
- Verbal and written communications
- Problem solving
- Organizational and time management
- Team building
Proven ability to:
- Provide clinical services for youth and families in a school-based setting
- Seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing protocol, practices and policies.
- Plan, organize, develop, implement, interpret and support goals, objectives, policies, procedures, etc.
- Meet documentation deadlines
- Support organization’s goals and values.
- Respond to common inquiries, issues or complaints from employees, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Foster a work environment that shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Promote a bullying and harassment-free environment.
- Serve a diverse school and community population.
- Build morale and group commitment to goals and support everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Develop conceptual alternatives and think globally.
- Deliver customer service with both internal and external partners.
- Maintain a high level of personal and professional integrity and ethics at all times.
- Ensure confidentiality and security of sensitive data.
- Facilitate and manage cross-department and cross-company collaboration.
How to Apply
The job currently available is: 5 days/week
Please apply online at STARS website: https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=STARS&cws=37&rid=191
- Date Posted: May 29, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 08/01/2020
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs/wk; M-F