Diverse Learners Cooperative
Diverse Learners Cooperative
The DLC is seeking an exceptional ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST who is excited to share in our mission of dramatically improving educational opportunities for diverse learners.
We believe that students of all abilities and backgrounds should have access to high quality, inclusive educational opportunities led by empowered and effective educators. The Diverse Learners Cooperative is a nonprofit organization that connects teachers and leaders with professional learning, resources, and networks that propel best practices for diverse learners and increase teacher retention.
As ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST, you’ll lead DLC efforts to establish our organizational voice and engage current and new supporters. This will include responsibilities primarily in external communications and development. You will work directly with the Executive Director to build on current strategy and be responsible for operationalizing this vision. This position has flexibility to be part time or full time, and requires comfortability working remotely with some in person time (may require travel depending on location).
– Identify creative ways we can drive and shape our organizational voice as a value-add resource
– Create and manage high quality content for a variety of external platforms, including social media, email newsletters, and the DLC’s blog (graphic design background given priority)
– Manage coordinated campaigns to highlight the DLC’s priority issues, programs, and publications
– Develop and execute DLC’s annual fundraising plan
– Secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
– Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements
– Identify and steward prospective donors, while maintaining ongoing relationships and communication with current donors
– Create solicitation materials for the fundraising
– Building relationships with staff, board of directors, external partners, influencers, and stakeholders across the education landscape to surface stories and new opportunities for engagement
– Assist and collaborate with Executive Director on program initiatives as needed
We are looking for amazing people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, especially those similar to educators and students we serve knowing that this will drive us closer to our vision. Team members are inspired by the mission of serving students furthest from opportunity, believe deeply in advancing anti-racism, have the ability to cultivate strong relationships, and demonstrate commitment to continuous learning and reflection. As a growing non-profit, you play an integral role in shaping our organization’s growth and impact – and we’d expect all team members to assume ownership in this effort.
We expect our ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST to have:
– 3+ years experience with communications and development
– Experience managing media, marketing, or communications for an organization
– Experience managing fundraising campaigns and grant writing
– Outstanding communication skills with demonstrated ability to deliver on tight deadlines
– Strategic thinker and natural solution-seeker
– Strong team orientation, collaborative nature, and ability to engage in a remote work environment
– Ability to interact professionally with individuals from various professional and cultural backgrounds and effectively adjust communication style for a given audience
– Ability to successfully plan strategically, organize and prioritize projects, work on multiple tasks simultaneously and to exercise initiative to meet/exceed deadlines
– Ability to be flexible, self-motivated, positive, and respond to the dynamics of a changing environment
– Proficiency in G Suite Tools (Docs, Forms, Sheets, etc), fundraising tools (Kindful), and communication tools (Hootsuite, Mailchimp, or similar); candidate with graphic design background preferred
DLC believes in creating a high performing and sustainable workplace and is committed to attracting and retaining diverse team members who believe in equipping and empowering school teams to serve all learners. A job at DLC encompassess competitive benefits, compensation commensurate with experience, professional development opportunities, and a team that cares about you as a person. Current benefits include: DLC provides health, dental, and vision insurance, competitive salaries, encourages flexible working locations, generous vacation time and office rest days, technology stipend, and a healthy professional development budget for self-directed learning.
How to Apply
Please submit your application here, including your resume and cover letter. The selection process will include a performance task as well as interviews with members of the Diverse Learners Cooperative team.
- Date Posted: August 20, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 10/01/2021
- Salary Range: 62000-80000
- Working Hours: Flexible