Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities of TN
Catholic Charities has several openings for the position of an Employment Specialist for the New Americans Program department. This position is fulltime, based in Nashville, and is located at the Catholic Pastoral Center located at 2806 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214. The hours are Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., but flexibility is required.
Th Employment Specialist provides employment services to refugees, asylees, humanitarian parolees, Cuban-Haitian entrants, and foreign-born victims of trafficking. Primary job duties include conducting assessments of client work history, providing job readiness training, and helping clients secure employment leading to self-sufficiency.
- Conducts assessments of experience, skills, and barriers to employment with clients.
- Assists clients in completing applications, creating resumes, attending interviews, and securing employment.
- Transports clients to job interviews and appointments as needed.
- Assists clients in developing transportation plans and providing bus training as needed.
- Provides job coaching and follow-up services to ensure success of job placement.
- Completes household budgets with clients and provides coaching on managing expenses.
- Assists clients in opening personal checking and/or savings accounts.
- Provides interpretation services for clients as needed.
- Assists employment team in providing Job Readiness Class for clients.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with potential and existing employment partners including employers, organizations providing skill building opportunities, and temporary agencies.
- Documents all services and activities and ensure client files are accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Reviews program guidelines and updates and participates in training to ensure that services meet funder expectations and requirements.
- Conforms and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Maintains confidentiality and appropriately handles sensitive information in compliance with HIPAA standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Obtains required signatures and help clients with obtaining needed documents for the employment process.
- College degree, preferably in Social Services or Business, or 2 years of experience in related work required.
- Experience working across cultures preferred.
- Experience working with employers preferred.
- Driver’s license, good driving history, and reliable transportation required.
Other Skills or Requirements:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Proficiency in one or more refugee languages with a preference for Swahili, Kinyarwanda, Dari, Arabic, Burmese, Somali, Ukrainian, Russian, or Spanish.
- Knowledge of human behavior and an ability to adapt and use various methods while meeting the needs of newcomers.
- Ability to facilitate intercultural communication and to create an environment where differences are respected.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, curtesy, and tact in dealing with the public and staff.
- Ability to handle confidential information with extreme professionalism.
- Attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to plan and organize work.
- Ability to follow tasks through to completion.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well as a team and independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to provide client transportation.
- Excellent computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office software and generate reports from databases.
- Paid time off and thirteen (13) paid holidays
- 403B plan with company match
- Retirement plan.
- Health insurance, vision, and dental coverage.
- Employee Assistance Program & Wellness support
- Voluntary benefits
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should send a resume and a cover letter detailing interest, desired salary, and available start date to: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/1620242/CATHOLIC-CHARITIES-OF-TENNESSEE-INC/Employment-Specialist
Catholic Charities of Tennessee is an equal opportunity employer. Catholic Charities does not discriminate in regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Satisfactory completion of a background and reference check is required.
- Date Posted: April 14, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 37.5 hrs./wk.