Employment Program Coordinator
Nashville CARES is seeking an engaged social service professional to develop and implement an employment program that will work with People Living With HIV (PLWH) who are interested in seeking employment as a means to increase their overall self-sufficiency, stability, and health outcomes. The Employment Coordinator will work with clients to build skills to help them obtain and maintain employment. This position will also build a network of employment resources and be CARES’ expert on employment opportunities for clients. Additionally, the Employment Coordinator will strive to educate potential employers about the sometimes complicated needs of clients in an employment setting. After initial program development and implementation, the Employment Coordinator will supervise a Peer Employment Navigator.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop the structure and process for the Employment Program.
- Develop operating procedures, policy, and protocol for Employment Program.
- Establish and maintain relationships with community employment and financial stability resources.
- Establish and maintain relationship with community employers, with specific focus to temporary to permanent employment options and employers that provide on-the-job training.
- Identify new funding streams to support the growth and long term stability of Employment Program.
- In coordination with other department leadership, apply for additional funding to expand the program to best serve the needs of clients.
- Develop and supervise the peer employment navigator position, including development of a training and peer support program.
- Report performance metrics and data analysis to identify opportunities and training needs.
- Support, train, develop, assess, and retain staff.
- Conduct individual and group staff supervision, including annual reviews.
- Train and develop staff and motivate them to accomplish program goals and objectives.
- Ensure audit compliance for various grants and programs by regularly assessing audit readiness, training to identify deficiencies, and monitoring for compliance with agency, department, and service grant standards.
- Collaborate with existing peer programs to promote inter-team service delivery, quality, efficiency, and best practices within a peer model.
- Monitor and report program, team, and individual service efficiency to ensure optimal and effective service delivery.
- Supports agency efforts to secure and maintain grant funding.
- Provide direct client care as indicated by needs of the department to ensure adequate coverage.
- Work in collaboration with primary case manager to provide direct employment navigation services to promote obtaining and sustaining financial stability and housing stability that impacts optimal health outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum two years’ experience in social service program development or equivalent experience
- Team Building skills to encourage team development in areas of collaboration, communication, problem-solving, and focusing on goals
- Experience with HIV, treatment adherence, employment programs, health benefits, housing, social services and resources
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Strong Communications Skills: verbal, written and listening
- Valid Tennessee Driver’s License, vehicle, and automobile liability insurance to facilitate local travel required for client/agency related business with frequent travel in the local communities
- MSW with 2-3 years of clinical / supervisory experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills gained through previous supervisory/management experience
- Knowledge of the healthcare environment and community resources
Salary: Competitive non-profit compensation
Competitive Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 403b, generous paid time off policy (27 – 37 days per year based on accruals and length of service); 12 paid holidays and more.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: June 25, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk