Nashville Software School
Employer Engagement Manager
Nashville Software School
Do you have a passion for building relationships and connecting people to the right opportunity? We’re hiring an Employer Engagement Manager to connect companies with our recent graduates for their first tech job, as well as share the opportunity and benefits of upskilling their current tech talent through our professional development courses. We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring in new perspectives and experiences. Just as we are committed to helping improve the diversity of the Nashville tech talent pool, we are eager to further diversify our team.
About the Job… In 2020, our employer engagement activities helped over 170 students land their first job in tech. We have already grown relationships with over 300 regional employers who have hired one or more NSS graduates. We are planning to continue to grow by adding new bootcamps, launching continuing education programs, and building our Fellowship program (which gives new graduates real world experience for their resume). The Employer Engagement Manager will both strengthen and develop our existing partnerships as well as build new relationships with companies in the Greater Nashville Area and beyond.
The Employer Engagement Manager is responsible for the following (note that NSS operations, events, and classes are currently being held online):
● Engaging new employer relationships in markets specified by CEO/COO.
● Support Career Development by finding, vetting, and sharing entry level employment or Fellowship opportunities, and assist in connecting tech workers looking to volunteer with our regular bootcamp volunteer events, such as mock interviews or roundtables.
● All aspects of employer relationships including identifying new employers who are interested, qualifying for various programming and volunteer opportunities, making presentations, and securing the opportunity for student placement, Fellowship program participation, or commitment to professional development courses.
● Working in close partnership with Program Management, Career Development, and Marketing teams to retain client relationships, and to identify new opportunities.
● Must be able to discuss all of Nashville Software School’s programs through a consultative business development approach.
● Research, identify, prepare, and contact prospects for employer relationships.
● Establish and maintain employer relationships to ensure ongoing support, tracking all engagement in our customer relationship management system.
● Develop and execute your individual work plan aligned with our strategic goals with measurable targets and outcomes.
● Provide timely reports within assigned deadlines, including employer relationship management reports.
● Other initiatives as assigned.
We’re looking for someone who is driven to help other people succeed.
● 3+ years experience in tech-related Enterprise product or service sales and/or agency recruiting required.
● Understanding of the current technical talent landscape in Nashville preferred.
● Engaged in Nashville’s vibrant tech community. ● Experience working in Hubspot CRM and pipeline management a plus.
● Customer service oriented, self-starter with ability to initiate prospecting activities, business development calls, and face to face meetings.
● You’re a team-player committed to the success of the organization.
● You’re comfortable functioning as an individual contributor on the team.
● A people-person with excellent interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills. You are able to build rapport with students, staff, and employers.
● Flexibility is your middle-name! You are able to adapt and shift gears in a fast-changing environment.
● Excited to work in either a remote or in-person environment when it is safe to do so.
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, PTO, and retirement plan.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter that speaks directly to this position to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis and will respond within 5 business days, usually sooner. We look forward to hearing from you!
About NSS… Nashville Software School (NSS) is a non-profit vocational school. Non-profits are pretty rare in the coding bootcamp world. In fact, there are only a handful of other non-profit coding bootcamps in the US. We were the first.
NSS is in the opportunity business. Our goal is to open the door to tech careers for as many individuals in middle Tennessee as there are junior tech jobs. Additionally, we place an emphasis on opening doors for individuals from under-represented groups who may have never realized that a tech career was an option for them.
Founded in 2012, we are one of the longest-running coding bootcamps in the country. In February 2020, we surpassed 1000 graduates with a pre-pandemic placement rate (in field) of over 90%
Our team members put students first. They thrive in a fast-paced environment, embrace feedback from students and colleagues, and are willing to jump in and help each other. Are you ready for a job where you can assist with making employer connections for people on their journey to a new career in tech? If the answer is yes, let’s talk! We won’t be able to pay you market rate for Enterprise tech sales, but what we lack in salary we make up for in job fulfillment and satisfaction. For information about how NSS is responding to COVID-19, please visit nashss.com/covid-19.
- Date Posted: May 5, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F