Emergency Response Coordinator – AmeriCorps Member
Hands On Nashville
The Emergency Response Coordinator (Coordinator) participates in a yearlong term of AmeriCorps service (1,700 hours) supporting The Community Resource Center’s (CRC) mission to meet community needs through the distribution of donated goods. The Coordinator guides disaster response planning, building CRC’s capacity to manage their supply chain during disaster relief efforts.
The Coordinator will be a strong problem solver who is energized by learning, with experience researching and distilling complex information. Project management experience and disaster management skills are a plus.
The Coordinator serves as part of a 23-person cohort of civic-minded individuals who receive skills training, professional development, and networking opportunities as part of the HON AmeriCorps Program.
- Research and make recommendations based on disaster preparedness best practices
- Connect proactively with relevant stakeholders to enhance potential for collaboration and coordination of disaster relief efforts — including nonprofit agencies and corporations willing to donate goods
- Identify and join community conversations related to disaster relief, ensuring CRC’s consistent engagement
- Partner with CRC leadership to create and maintain a comprehensive organizational disaster preparedness plan, including staff training, and inventory
- Support coordination of CRC’s response activities in the event of a disaster
- Manage the supply chain of needs and stakeholders in fulfilling long-term recovery needs
- Research additional stakeholders and create county contact plans
- Facilitate inventory management between multiple sites and work with volunteers to package inventory for stakeholders
Preferred Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience with project management and researching and distilling complex information
- Knowledge of disaster management practices
- Able to carry out tasks independently as well as thrive as part of a team
- Energized by learning and problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commitment to fulfill a one-year term of service (August 17, 2020-August 8, 2021)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid driver’s license and reliable access to transportation (Members will be reimbursed for service-related mileage.)
- U.S. Citizenship
- National Service Criminal History Check clearance
HON does not discriminate based on age, gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, or other factors which deny the essential humanity of all people.
- Living allowance of $17,000, paid bi-weekly throughout the term of service
- Education award of $6,095, applicable to student loans and/or future education expenses at an accredited institution, upon fulfillment of service obligations
- Healthcare coverage, if elected
- Childcare benefits, if eligible
- Professional development training and ample networking opportunities
How to Apply
Apply online at my.americorps.gov. by August 1, 2020
For more information, please contact:
HON builds capacity for individuals and agencies to meet needs through volunteerism. The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through support from the Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, Volunteer Tennessee, and participating AmeriCorps host organizations.
About Community Resource Center
CRC is the supply line to the front lines of poverty. CRC serves more than 100 nonprofit agencies, providing them with new household goods, bedding, kitchenware, cleaning supplies, clothing and personal hygiene items for their clients in need.
AmeriCorps is a voluntary public service program where members commit their time to address critical community needs. Learn more about AmeriCorps here.
- Date Posted: May 21, 2020
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 08/17/2020
- Working Hours: 35-40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm