Eligibility Determination Staff
TennCare is Tennessee’s managed care Medicaid program that provides health insurance coverage to certain groups of low-income individuals such as pregnant women, children, caretaker relatives of young children, older adults, and adults with physical disabilities. TennCare provides coverage for approximately 1.4 million Tennesseans and operates with an annual budget of approximately $12 billion. It is run by the Division of TennCare with oversight and some funding from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
WHY WORK AT TENNCARE
TennCare’s mission is to improve the lives of Tennesseans by providing high-quality cost-effective care. To fulfill that purpose, we equip each employee for active participation and empower teams to communicate and work collaboratively to improve organizational processes in order to make a difference in the lives our members. Because of the positive impact TennCare has on the lives of the most vulnerable Tennesseans, TennCare employees report that their work provides them with a sense of meaning, purpose, and accomplishment. TennCare leadership understands that employees are our most valuable resource and ensures professional and leadership development are a priority for the agency.
JOB AND DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
The Division of TennCare is seeking a Business Security Specialist to work in the Business Operations Group within Member Services. This position will report directly to the Business Operations Director and will be responsible for administering and maintaining accesses to the TennCare Eligibility Determination System (TEDS) and Tableau. This position requires attention to detail and time management skills. This position will assist in working incidents that Business Security receives via ServiceNow (SNOW) in a timely and effective manner. This position will be required to meet all SLA timelines in working incidents and requests for building and inactivating users in TEDS and Tableau. This position will work with TennCare staff, contractors, and other systems users. This position is responsible for ongoing maintenance of all Office Management and Security within TEDS which will require the use of ServiceNow and excel for tracking and auditing purposes, and this position will perform business process analysis and make recommendations for improvements. This may include the submittal of change requests and participation in end to end user acceptance testing prior to the implementation of systems changes to ensure changes follow Member Services business needs.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure correct systems accesses and permissions
- Audit system accesses to ensure compliance with federal regulations
- Develop, review, and maintain business process related materials
- Utilize Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint daily
- Monitor ServiceNow (SNOW) for new user/deprovisioning requests for TEDS and Tableau
- Navigate, process, and troubleshoot issues from stakeholders involving system accesses
- Provide clear and concise verbal and written communication and guidance to stakeholders in a positive manner
- Identify opportunities that require additional assistance and focus, and resolve these issues in a positive manner with effective problem-solving techniques and compendious communication.
- Build team morale to ensure staff have a positive and inclusive work environment, which leads to higher job satisfaction, and results in greater team efficiencies and effectiveness for both internal and external stakeholders as needed
- Education equivalent to graduation from an accredited college, university, or professional school with one of the following: Bachelor’s Degree or 4 years relevant experience or a combination of the two
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to foster and maintain cohesive working relationships
- Ability to interpret and execute policies and procedures
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage workload to meet specific timeframes and deadlines
- Advanced writing and communication skills
- Advanced research skills, including the ability to locate and analyze documents and integrate information from multiple sources
- Strong work ethic, with an ability to receive and implement constructive feedback
- Ability to work independently while also working as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to support and foster the team’s culture
To see all the great benefits available to State of Tennessee employees, go to the TN.gov Benefits page: https://www.tn.gov/hr/employees1/benefits.html
How to Apply
To apply for this job or see other opportunities at TennCare, visit the state of Tennessee’s Careers page today: https://www.tn.gov/careers/apply-here.html
- Date Posted: May 24, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Government