St. Paul Christian Academy
Elementary Art Teacher
St. Paul Christian Academy
St. Paul Christian Academy in Nashville seeks an innovative and collaborative Art educator to teach students in junior kindergarten through sixth grade. The faculty and staff at St. Paul work diligently to know students and discover their gifts. The school offers a well rounded curriculum of which Art is a very important part. The Art teacher will be expected to discover the gifts that lie within each child and create a space for them to explore their creative side.
This person will work on a team of co-curricular teachers and will collaborate with grade-level homeroom teachers. Art education needs to be woven into the fabric of the St. Paul program. This person needs to be passionate about student-centered learning and be committed to combining the power of forward-thinking skill development with the purposeful integration of research-based learning.
The Art teacher will see every child in the school each week. Fifth and sixth-grade students will have Art (in elective form) each day.
The Art teacher will be expected to:
- Collaborate and create with a team of co-curricular and core curriculum professionals for the enhancement of common artistic goals and educational experiences.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning
- Work with the Arts Department Chair to plan, and execute, the end-of-year Art Showcase. (a school-wide display and celebration of art in our classrooms)
- Introduce Art History at the appropriate elementary level
- Introduce Artist studies at the appropriate elementary level
- Use a variety of mediums and methods for instruction and projects
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate
- Include a variety of teaching methodologies including multiple modalities of instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing community norms that support core values and procedures.
- Responsibilities inherent in teaching elementary-aged children using a developmentally appropriate curriculum and fostering positive social skills and community core values.
- Work with the Grade Level Teams to discuss and plan activities and student progress.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
Knowledge, Skills, and Physical Requirements:
- BFA or BA degree required in Art, Art Education, Education, or similar field required.
- Art teaching experience preferred
- Independent school teaching experience preferred.
- Must be visionary, with the belief that creating Art is integral in the development of a child.
- Must be willing to work to develop a more comprehensive elementary Visual Arts curriculum.
- Must be able to work with other professionals to align curriculum across divisions.
St. Paul offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and statement of faith to Kim Jones, Assistant Head of School for Academics.
- Date Posted: July 14, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 08/01/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.