Center for Nonprofit Management
The education offerings through Center for Nonprofit Management (CNM) are the most visible representation of how CNM supports the nonprofit sector of Middle Tennessee. With intentional education design for adult learners, CNM’s education provides highly sought-after workshops and training for nonprofit professional seeking to begin, enrichen, or further their respective careers. Ever evolving, the education offerings will now provide continual leadership curriculum to provide guidance and structure for nonprofit professional career tracks.
The Education Manager manages the CNM education offerings including scheduling the annual education calendar with offerings, working with facilitators to develop and lead courses, education certificate management, and overseeing that education scholarship funds. This position will provide guidance to individuals seeking professional development opportunities as well as maintaining relationships with facilitators to produce high-quality content and delivery. Additionally, the Manager will work with organizations seeking customized training opportunities for their organization. The position reports to the Chief Learning and Leadership Officer of CNM.
The daily work of the Manager is to:
- Contribute to and work within the mission, vision, and strategic goals of CNM.
- Manage and develop educational programs including in-person, customized, and virtual trainings.
- Design and implement educational programs in keeping with strategic directions planned for the organization.
- Evaluate and assess the needs/wants of CNM members; use this data in planning educational programs; build and maintain productive relationships with members.
- Recruit, orient, and communicate with facilitators and consultants on training development needs, curriculum development, and delivery of education programs.
- Conducts discovery calls for customized training clients, makes appropriate recommendations, and manages proposal and contract writing process.
- Oversees the evaluation system used in conjunction with workshop and Customized Training feedback follow-up.
- Manages education scholarships including appropriate allocation and reconciliation of those funds for MatchGrants, Maddox Leadership Scholarship, and Sam Howard Empowerment Fund
- Working with finance, oversee the invoicing process including approving necessary paperwork prepared to pay facilitators, effectively apply education scholarship funds, and bill customized training clients
- Communicate with facilitators and registrants in preparation for educational offerings.
- Support workshop logistics through course material preparation
- Work with communications team to determine promotional needs.
- Make efficient use of CNM facilities and equipment; maintain training-related equipment.
- Work with other staff members on continuous improvement of operating policies and systems that serve clients and volunteers.
- Assist in the planning, general management, and execution of annual conference/master series/special events.
- Answer general inquiry emails/phone calls about education, certificate, database, and billing
- Manage and update education related records in the database and generate reports
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required or Master’s Degree (preferred) in a related field (nonprofit leadership, education)
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience working in nonprofit organizations with at least 2 years working in educational programming or planning
- Solid understanding of nonprofit industry and nonprofit organizations operations
- Knows how to design training plans for adult learners
- Knows how to develop curriculum and provide coaching to facilitators and trainers
- Knowledge of the nonprofit sector, preferably experience with Nashville nonprofits
- Knows how to manage a budget
- Know how to conduct a learner/member needs analysis
- Understands adult learning styles and command of knowledge of facilitation best practices
- Knows how databases, learning, and content management systems work
- Microsoft suite proficiency
- Strong communication skills including public speaking, writing, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to interact with CNM nonprofit members, facilitators, and consultants as well as work with organizational leadership and co-workers
- Very detail oriented, with the ability to handle a variety of assignments within a given time frame
- Relationship building skills and relationship management
- Official customer account management
- Excellent project management
- Time management skills with timely decision making
- Ability to handle matters of a confidential nature
- Ability to navigate comfortably engage with various levels of leadership with organizations
- Detail oriented, with the ability to handle a variety of assignments within a given time frame
- Ability to effectively communicate and market the value of education services
- Professional self-awareness with the ability to take the initiative
- Excellent problem solver
- Managing through systems, specifically related to education and training
- Managing and measuring work
- Process management
- Conflict management
- Intellectual horsepower, specifically for industry-related research and trends
- Team approach and solutions focused
- Drive for results
- Learning on the fly
- Organizational agility
- Interpersonal savvy
The salary range for this position is $42,000-$49,000 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications. Additionally, this position is eligible to a competitive benefits package that including health, dental, vision, disability insurance, and retirement planning options.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and an example of a comprehensive curriculum for a workshop or training you have previously designed to email@example.com by July 23, 2021.
- Date Posted: June 29, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Community Development
- Salary Range: $42,000-$49,000