Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied America, Inc.
Mercy Multiplied, a Christian residential home for women, comprised of four U.S. homes, has an immediate opening for a full-time Human Resources Specialist at our corporate office located in Nashville, Tennessee.
Mercy Multiplied is dedicated to help young women break free from life-controlling behaviors and situations, including eating disorders, self-harm, drug and alcohol addictions, unplanned pregnancy, depression, sexual abuse, and sex trafficking. Our program is voluntary, biblically-based, and free of charge to young women ages 13 to 32. It uses proven methods, lasts approximately six months, and features a multi-dimensional approach to heal body, mind, and spirit.
• Supervises classroom from 12:00pm to 5:00pm, Monday through Thursday; answers questions and provides explanations and help, as needed. School hours are 3:30pm to 5:00pm.
• Orders appropriate curriculum and resource books as necessary; tracks school materials and funds parents provide for this purpose.
• Oversees curriculum materials for residents, grades Ignitia online lessons/quizzes and tests as needed and keeps track of grades for course credit.
• Compiles grades and prepares a transcript for each school-age resident upon graduation from Mercy; provides resident and resident’s school with a copy of transcript.
• Supervises HiSET (GED) preparation: obtains necessary documents and oversees the process of scheduling and completing the practice and official tests, as well as sets up test day transportation and details.
• Assists residents, when needed, in obtaining information regarding colleges, universities, and other post-secondary institutions.
• Assists residents with completing college applications, financial aid forms, and other graduation preparation as necessary, including SAT and ACT preparation and scheduling.
• Records all pertinent information to ETO for student records, such as 90-day grades and end-of-residency grades in academic and life skills courses.
• Helps facilitate a Fresh Start new residents group (about 6-8 times a year).
• Attends the annual TANAS conference for certification and professional training required.
• Coordinates with each school-age resident’s school/parent/guardian to ensure that all requirements are being met and to ease the transition back to school.
• Keeps in touch with parents regarding residents’ school progress.
• Communicates with the State Board of Education to ensure that state requirements are being met; completes annual forms for TANAS and the state of Tennessee.
• Reviews IEPs (Individual Educational Plans) for the Intake Department, as needed.
• Assists with lunch supervision two days a week.
• Assists with leading a resident team on Cleaning Day once a month.
• Must be responsible for safe transportation of residents when needed
Reports to: Director of Home Operations
Education: Bachelors degree preferred but not required
Skills: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), flexible and able to multi-task. Previous experience in teaching and an understanding of learning is helpful. Intermediate computer skills with experience in Microsoft Office software. Must have a thorough understanding of, and dedication to, the vision of Mercy Multiplied, along with demonstrated Christian work ethics.
Overview: The Education Manager is responsible for the coordination and implementation of our educational program, working with residents to continue their education while in the program, providing oversight of curriculum materials, supervising the classroom, and communicating with schools and parents/guardians to ensure requirements being met.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit the following information via our website, https://mercymultiplied.com/employment-opportunities.
• Cover letter sharing your heart
• Personal testimony (only up to two pages please)
• Salary requirements
• Where you found job posting
Only qualified candidates need apply (no phone calls please). Mercy Multiplied hires and employs individuals who live a life conducive to Christian principles.
- Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Religious
- Salary Range: $17.50/hr - $18.50/hr
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk; M-Thur, 12PM-5PM