TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
Education Enrichment Manager
TN Performing Arts Center Mgmt
TPAC is a nonprofit performing arts organization and cultural anchor providing enriching arts experiences for all ages, empowering lifelong arts education programs, artistic expression reflective of our community, arts connections that support the local economy, and sustainable support for professional resident companies and local artists.
To advance the educational and artistic programs of TPAC’s Education and Community Engagement Department, and guide the successful delivery of the Season for Young People (SYP), The Spotlight Awards, Teacher of the Year and arts engagement opportunities for educators, students, and the wider community.
Season for Young People (SYP)
- Process school reservations in Tessitura and generate reservation and financial reports
- Provide customer service for teachers and administrators (by phone, email, and in-person)
- Receive and process school payments in Tessitura; receive and process approvals for travel grants and ticket subsidies
- Be on site to greet, resolve any problems and interact with TPAC house and tech staff from arrival through dismissal of students and teachers on show days and workshops
- Plan in advance and coordinate with TPAC house department for safe and efficient procedures
- Generate communication for show promotions, invoices and teacher resource materials; process hard-copy mailings
- Manage surveys and mailing lists related to SYP, Teacher of the Year, and Spotlight
- Contribute ideas and plans to promote SYP and increase access for students
TPAC Teacher of the Year
- Manage all aspects of the nomination and review process, internal and external communication, and event day logistics
- Coordinate with Development department to create and fulfill sponsor recognition opportunities
- Contribute to the successful delivery of the Spotlight Awards program
- Coordinate program activities and components of the award ceremony
- Contribute as a member of the Spotlight Awards ceremony creative production team
- Plan content and coordinate workshops and meetings with partners, schools, adjudicators
- Communicate with partners at Lipscomb University, high school theatre directors, answer questions, fully understand and maintain rules, timelines and procedures
- Serve on the Lead Adjudicator Team to ensure all participating High School performances are seen and scored by TPAC
- Manage assigned program components such as adjudicator training, adjudicator scheduling, verifying rubrics/guidelines, recording feedback and scores, and tabulating for nominee selection
- Serve as a panelist for finalist judging
- Collaborate to create and manage Spotlight social media plans
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive. Other duties may be assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Required: Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years of theatre education and/or professional theatre management experience. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to multitask, including managing multiple projects at a time. Passion for the performing arts and a belief in the importance of arts education and arts access. Intermediate level use of Excel.
Preferred: Familiarity with K-12 education environment. Patron service experience.
Encouraged: Bilingual capability.
SOFTWARE AND SERVCES USED
Microsoft Office Suite, Tessitura, VenueOps, Zoom.
FREQUENT FUNCTIONS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Frequent Functions: Working virtually and in an office environment. Comfort with navigating backstage areas, including dressing rooms and various theater settings, Nights and weekends required occasionally. Local off–site travel to schools and community centers. Hosting and greeting audiences for workshops and events.
- Occasional Functions: Participate in and provide logistical and expertise support for other education and community engagement events and activities as a member of the department team. Lifting 30 pounds or less.
- First Six Months: Orientation about TPAC’s mission, programs, and policies. Tours of key theater and public spaces. Training in Tessitura and business processes. Become familiar with the Broadway League’s Jimmy Awards procedures. Weekly meetings with the Education and Community Engagement department and introductions to key program partners internally and externally in schools and community.
Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, STD/LTD, 401K, PTO.
How to Apply
Please visit our website and apply through our job portal:
- Date Posted: June 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Arts / Culture