The Editor supports Cumberland Heights’ mission to transform lives, giving hope and healing to those affected by alcohol or drug addiction.
Maintain editorial voice of organization. Create, edit, and oversee copy for all of the Company’s websites and associated materials. Build a team of freelance writers, manage agency content submission, create content request process, work with finance team to develop budget and create editorial standards as needed.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Must have working knowledge of editorial style and the Associate Press Style Guide and equivalent. Help create company style guide as needed.
- Must have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment. Must have the ability to come up with new and unique ideas, easily making connections between projects and contributing to brainstorming sessions.
- Must be able to work in a newly organized internal marketing team that seeks to move fast. Ability to juggle multiple tasks and demands.
- Build and lead freelance writers and assignments, providing feedback and editorial guidance to help make the final product a success.
- Assist Fundraising Department with copy and advice on their initiatives.
- Be a resource for traditional marketing copy as needed such as brochures and pamphlets.
- Work autonomously within a team environment to complete your own tasks that are part of a larger whole.
- Performs all other duties as required or assigned.
Manage and oversee a team of freelance writers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in English or Communications.
- 3+ years relevant work experience required.
- 3-5 years’ experience directly related editorial experience supporting website (SEO and PPC) content, email marketing copy, digital asset descriptions such as web video/podcast and online copy for social media requirements. Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office software and application programs (MS Word, Excel). Experience writing/editing topical or digital marketing content.
- Must be highly organized and able to monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Ability to pay continual attention to detail.
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and internet.
- Ability to work toward results and complete what is started with a sense of urgency.
- Requires sufficient analytical skills to assess new trends in the industry.
- Highly creative and self-motivated.
- Ability to think outside-the box while staying abreast of new trends.
- Chair monthly content meetings.
- Make assignments for content.
- Edit, proof, and provide feedback.
Ability to lift 20 lbs.; ability to speak, hear, see, and sit; ability to speak, read and write in English; analyze detailed and complex information; excellent interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail; ability to present effectively to large and small groups, in a variety of settings; ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel; excellent organizational skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications; ability to easily and accurately learn specialty software; constant use of computer requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity; If recovering, two years of verifiable abstinence required with five years preferred; active participation in the appropriate Twelve Step program preferred.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions. Position is subject to travel to various meetings and events with flexible hours at those times.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
How to Apply
Please visit our website @cumberlandheights.org to apply
- Date Posted: January 20, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)