Special Olympics Tennessee
East Tennessee Regional Manager
Special Olympics Tennessee
The East Tennessee Regional Manager is responsible for supporting Area Directors in implementing year-round quality sports training and competition programs in the East Tennessee Region. Additional responsibility includes the implementation of the Special Olympics Young Athletes program, Health and Wellness program and Unified Sport program within the region.
TÍTULO DEL TRABAJO: Gerente Regional de East Tennessee
RESUMEN: El Gerente Regional de East Tennessee es responsable de apoyar a los Directores de Área en la implementación de programas de competición y entrenamiento deportivo de calidad durante todo el año en la Región de East Tennessee. La responsabilidad adicional incluye la implementación del programa de Atletas Jóvenes de Olimpiadas Especiales, el programa de Salud y Bienestar y el programa de Deporte Unificado dentro de la región. Esta posición requiere que una persona se motive a sí misma con fuertes habilidades organizativas y de comunicación.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of all that we do at Special Olympics Tennessee as we strive to promote unity and create a community where everyone belongs. We value, celebrate, and support all differences, backgrounds and viewpoints and understand that a focus on greater diversity and inclusion will enrich our organization and our world.
Special Olympics Tennessee is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on sexual orientation, marital status, disability, neurodiversity, age, parental status, socio-economic background, military service, or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable law.
- Works with the Vice President of Sports to create and implement athlete growth plans for the region.
- Monitors sports policy compliance regarding planning, implementation and managing of all aspects for competition events in the region.
- Corresponds with Area Directors, and coaches regarding information and opportunities for competition and training.
- Creates competition and training calendar and e-newsletters for the region.
- Serves as the Director for all East TN regional competitions.
- Assists at all state competitions as needed.
- Responsible for assisting East TN Area Directors with annual budgets.
- Responsible for seeking in-kind donations of facilities, meals, etc. for regional competitions.
- Responsible for coaches training schools and resources within the East TN region.
- Responsible for planning and managing Special Olympics regional leagues and competitions.
- Responsible for recruiting volunteers to support leagues, regional competitions, and programs.
- Responsible for preparing budgets and cost analysis for Young Athletes, leagues, and regional competitions.
- Responsible for developing unified sports opportunities, wellness/fitness programs and Young Athletes programs as needed.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Two years’ experience of a qualifying nature with a sports background developed through coaching and/or administration of competition (i.e., league, intramural) in a sports program. Special Olympics experience as a Unified partner, coach or volunteer is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and project a positive image and ability to work with volunteers and delegate duties.
- Promote a positive culture within committees.
- Ability to perform the essential functions and requirements of the job.
- Paid or volunteer experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities preferred.
- English/Spanish bilingual preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Physical Education, Recreation, or Sports Management or Sports Administration.
Skills and/or Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including public speaking
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with diverse personalities and in stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and manage volunteers
- Ability to build effective relationships with a variety of organizations
- Proficiency in using relevant technology, including Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and database systems.
- Willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends to meet job requirements
- Have a valid Tennessee driver’s license and meet minimum Tennessee vehicle insurance requirements.
- All employees must pass a drug and criminal background screening.
Commensurate with experience. Position is full time and benefit eligible.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Joanne Drumright at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: September 3, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/01/2021
- Working Hours: • Willingness to travel and to work evenings and weekends to meet job requirements