Martha O'Bryan Center
Early Learning Program Leader (Part Time)
Martha O'Bryan Center
Early learning instructors create and maintain safe and inclusive learning environments for children ages 0-5 years of age. Instructors follow daily lesson plans in an effort to create high quality learning experiences that are developmentally appropriate and differentiated to meet the unique needs of each child. Instructors communicate openly with parents, family coaches, and the director of family engagement to ensure that children and their families have access to resources and opportunities that will enable all children to start school “kindergarten ready.”
This is a part time position (Monday – Thursday, 8:30am – 1:30pm), $16/hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements an individually and developmentally appropriate program of activities in line with the mission of the Martha O’ Bryan Center and the goals of the Family Success Network.
- Develops and maintains a safe, healthy, independent learning environment.
- Practices positive discipline techniques that promote the development of self-discipline.
- Communicates regularly with parents concerning their child’s progress.
- Manages the classroom effectively; organizes, keeps records, communicates, coordinates, and acts as a cooperative co-worker.
- Actively participates in professional coaching sessions with curriculum specialist and/or supervisor.
- Keeps director informed of problems/concerns/needs concerning children, parents, and general classroom operation.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year of experience working with young children and families, particularly those living in poverty.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
This position is part-time.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: August 25, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $16.00/hr