Martha O'Bryan Center
Early Learning Center Lead Teacher
Martha O'Bryan Center
Lead Teachers in the Early Learning Center plan and execute a high-quality early learning environment that provides children with holistic, developmentally appropriate learning opportunities, provides support and partnership to their families, and works to ensure the program serves the goal of helping every child be successful in school and life. This position will work a 4-day week, 6:45 am-5:45 pm.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans and implements an individually and developmentally appropriate program of activities in line with partner requirements that meet the Center’s written educational philosophy and goals.
- Ensures compliance with both DHS Child Care Licensing standards and the National Association for the Education of Young Children code of ethical conduct and accreditation standards.
- Develops and maintains a safe, healthy, independent learning environment.
- Practices positive discipline techniques that promote the development of self-discipline.
- Plans and implements parent activities in conjunction with administrative and classroom staff.
- Communicate regularly with parents concerning their child’s progress.
- Manages the classroom effectively; organizes, plans, keeps records, communicates, coordinates, and acts as a cooperative co-worker.
- Seeks out and takes advantage of professional development activities, completing a minimum of 18 hours of professional development per licensing year.
- Keeps director informed of problems/concerns/needs concerning children, parents, and general classroom operation.
- Contribute to the team effort by participating in staff meetings and functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education, education, child development or related field
- Early Childhood experience of two years or more.
- Experience working with young children and families, particularly those living in poverty.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Passion for working with young children.
- Ability to work in a chaotic, sometimes noisy environment.
- Strong people skills; excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintains credibility through sincerity, honesty, and discretion.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong time management skills; uses time effectively; consistently meets deadlines.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- 4-day work week, 6:45-5:45
Medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance plans, our 401(k)-retirement match plan.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $21.63