Martha O'Bryan Center
Early Learning Center Assistant Teacher
Martha O'Bryan Center
Assistant Teachers in the Early Learning Center plan and execute a high-quality early learning environment that provides children with holistic, developmentally appropriate learning opportunities, provide support and partnership to their families, and works to ensure the program serves the ultimate goal of helping every child be successful in school and life. This position will work a 4-day week, 6:45 am-5:45 pm
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance with both DHS Child Care Licensing standards and the National Association for the Education of Young Children code of ethical conduct and accreditation standards.
- Develops and maintains a safe, healthy, independent learning environment.
- Practices positive discipline techniques that promote the development of self-discipline.
- Keeps director informed of problems/concerns/needs concerning children, parents, and general classroom operation.
- Seeks out and takes advantage of professional development activities, completing a minimum of 18 hours of professional development per licensing year.
- Contribute to the team effort by participating in staff meetings and functions.
- Acts in the capacity of the Lead Teacher when absent.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s degree in Education or Child Development, or enrolled in such a degree program, or Child Development Associate (CDA) credentials.
- Early Childhood experience of two years or more.
- Experience working with young children and families, particularly those living in poverty.
The above qualifications express the minimum standards of education and/or experience for this position. Other combinations of education and experience, if evaluated as equivalent, may be taken into consideration.
Medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans, our 401(k)-retirement match plan
How to Apply
- Date Posted: November 17, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $20.19