Early Childhood Care Provider
Bethany Christian Services
Bethany Christian Services strengthens and equips families to be the answer for vulnerable children, both in local communities and around the globe. We do this by protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families through quality social services. Thousands of children are in need of the support and safety that comes from being part of a family. Bethany is on the front line of providing solutions.
As an Early Childhood Care Provider, you will be primarily responsible for providing care for children and infants while parents are in school or receiving assessments.
- Monitor the safety of children and infants while in care;
- Provide care for infant and toddler children including preparing meals and snacks, changing diapers, scheduling activities and routines, and rest times;
- Watch for signs of emotional or developmental problems in children to bring to the attention of case managers;
- Keep up-to-date and accurate records of children’s progress, routines, and interests;
- Collaborate with parents of infants and toddlers on parenting skills and educate on child care best practices;
- Assist in classroom sessions and participate in field trips with school-aged youth, as needed;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- At least one (1) year of experience working in a similar role or with direct childcare;
- Must be CPR, First Aid, and AEC certified upon hire or within 60 days of hire;
- Bi-lingual in one or more of the following languages with English: Spanish
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Computer and typing skills sufficient to perform essential job functions;
- Must be willing and able to work days, evenings, and weekends, as needed;
- Must have a high level of patience with immense love and compassion for young children;
- Must have a familiarity with the nutritional and hygiene needs of children;
- Must have an in-depth understanding on a child’s need for social, physical and intellectual growth;
- Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, and creative in a diverse setting;
- Must have knowledge of state, community and agency resources;
- Active motor vehicle license;
- Maintain a reliable automobile with adequate insurance coverage;
- Must be at least 21 years of age to operate a vehicle on behalf of the agency;
- Pass a criminal history screen, including state and local child protection agency registries;
- Subscription to and integration of the agency Statement of Faith, Mission Statement, and Cultural Diversity Commitment.
Bethany Christian Services offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
How to Apply
- Date Posted: February 5, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth