FiftyForward seeks candidates for temporary, part-time Driver for its Adult Day Services program.
The FiftyForward Adult Day Services (ADS) program provides exceptional social-model, adult day programming for adults 50 and older who benefit from a safe, structured, and engaging weekday program. ADS is designed to assist participants who have cognitive, mental health and/or physical considerations in maintaining or improving their functional abilities and in building meaningful and rewarding social connections.
The driver position is key to participants accessing the innovative programs and services provided by FiftyForward. Without transportation, older adults may miss out on important social interactions which can keep their mind and body healthy. The driver position is a temporary, part-time and assists with transporting participants to and from the program daily as well as assist participants during program activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- a passion for serving people; demonstrated commitment to the mission, values and goals of FiftyForward
- demonstrated strong customer service skills
- effective verbal and written communication skills
- strong ability to maintain positive working relationships with staff, members, volunteers and the public
- ability to work as a team and independent of a team
- demonstrated patience with systems and people
- proven ability to work cooperatively with internal and external customers
- ability to lift 50 lbs and to assist members, some of whom are in wheelchairs, in and out of the vehicle
- proven knowledge of vehicle maintenance and safety
- ability and willingness to obtain an F-endorsement driver’s license
- a good driving record
- a high school diploma or GED preferred, or 1 to 3 years’ experience with similar duties
- one to three years of experience working with older adults
- one to three years of experience driving professionally, prefer experience driving 15-passenger bus or 11- passenger van
Temporary workers are not elegible for benefits.
How to Apply
Apply by going to FiftyForward employment page and apply online.
- Date Posted: January 27, 2021
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 02/15/2021
- Salary Range: 15.00
- Working Hours: Daytime