Shuttle Driver (Part-Time)
Are you ready to join an organization where you can be a relentless champion for older adults living their best lives? To make a real difference in the Greater Nashville area? If the answer is yes, come join our team!
FiftyForward has an excellent opportunity for a Part-Time Driver. This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week, Monday – Friday.
In this role, you will drive agency vehicles daily to transport members and participants to and from Centers and programs, including a variety of trips designed to assist older adults to remain connected to the community.
- Drive agency vehicles for programming, special events, and daily transportation routes providing safe and efficient transportation.
- Assist participants getting on and off agency vehicles.
- Communicate with supervisor and other staff members about participant needs and behaviors.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness ensuring necessary equipment is in place as required.
- Maintain vehicle logs daily.
- Ensure a safe environment for all members and guests by following vehicle, building, and emergency policies and procedures.
- Report issues, concerns, and accidents to supervisor including vehicle maintenance and repair needs. Complete and submit incident and other reports as needed.
- Provide assistance with the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance plan for agency vehicles.
- In conjunction with supervisor, take vehicles for maintenance, repair, and inspection as needed.
- Monitor facility parking lots and grounds, cleaning as needed.
- Help Centers and program staff with set up/break down of tables, chairs, audio vision equipment, and cleaning before/after activities when not providing transportation. Assist with special projects as needed.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Eager to actively listen, giving full attention to other people’s needs; taking time to understand the points being made without interruptions and asking questions as appropriate.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Maintain positive, cooperative working relationships with staff, members, volunteers, and the public.
- Promote and uphold FiftyForward’s mission of supporting, championing, and enhancing life for those 50 and older. Ability to work with older adults.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency. Sufficient experience may be substituted for education.
- 1-3 years’ experience driving up to a 21-passenger group travel bus.
- 1-3 years’ experience with wheelchairs and bus wheelchair lifts.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a customer-focused environment.
- 1-3 years’ experience working with older adults preferred.
- Must be CPR certified or willing to be trained and achieve certification.
- A valid TN driver’s license including a good motor vehicle record, and appropriate automobile insurance.
- Benefit package includes Life, AD&D, disability, accident, critical illness, cancer, long term care,
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays – including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Paid birthday off
- Employee assistance program
- Community involvement
- Development opportunities
How to Apply
To join our team, please visit our careers website https://fiftyforward.org/employment/
FiftyForward is the leading resource for adults 50+ in Middle Tennessee who seek to live longer, more fulfilling lives. We are the premier provider of innovative programs and services for older adults and their families through a powerful leadership team of staff, volunteers, and community partners touching the lives of more than 20,000 individuals annually. Through seven locations and a variety of programs in Davidson and Williamson counties, we provide enrichment opportunities for adults 50 and older to remain engaged and living their lives to the fullest.
FiftyForward is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- Date Posted: July 26, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: $17/hr
- Working Hours: Shifts available: 8:00am – 12:00pm; 8:30am – 12:30pm.