Donor & Strategic Relationship Manager
Are you a Fundraising/Strategic Relationship Professional who desires to work in a capacity in which your efforts directly impact clinicians, patients and their families? If you are excited to use your talents and skill set in ways that truly make a difference in the middle Tennessee healthcare market, we can’t wait to talk with you!
The Donor and Strategic Relationship Manager is responsible for all solicitation activities related to grants, major gifts, events, and sponsorships in the Murfreesboro, TN area as well as tracking and documenting those activities in our database. In addition, this position will assist the fundraising department with other non-solicitation tasks as needed in the alive Hospice service area.
This position will be servicing our Murfreesboro area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With Department, create an annual comprehensive plan to increase giving from grants, corporate sponsorships and other large funding opportunities in Murfreesboro area
- Research prospective donors for their likely desire and ability to support Alive with grants, government and private, major gifts (over $2000), or corporate sponsorships.
- Contact prospective donors to create conversations about desire and ability to support Alive.
- Learn about prospective donor’s specific interests in Alive, our work and our events.
- Proposes grants, gifts, and sponsorships based on the expressed wishes of the donor.
- Maintains log of grant, sponsorship and major giving activities
- Enters and tracks activities in Raiser’s Edge
- Produces documents in MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel as appropriate
- Maintains store of patient stories and verbiage that can be repurposed in all funding opportunities.
- Prepare and submit funding proposals working with appropriate staff and existing templates, creating new templates and verbiage as needed
- Work with Finance Department and other appropriate staff to ensure integrity of information
- Research appropriateness of funding requests to ensure prospective funded objectives and deliverables align with organizational strategies and resources.
- Prior to submissions or presentations, confirm ownership on the part of Alive Hospice fund recipients including an understanding of any reporting requirements.
- Develops and maintains relationships with local, regional, and national foundations, community leaders, and corporate donors with ties to Murfreesboro.
- Track deadlines and collaborate with Alive Hospice fund recipients to prepare reports per funders’ requests
- Prepares weekly, monthly and as-needed status and contributions reports on grant and sponsorship activities.
- Develops and maintains strong familiarity with the organization’s programs and services.
- Develop strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate sponsor prospects in Murfreesboro, working with Department.
- Implement strategies to ensure proper identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of corporate sponsorships with a primary focus on sponsorships, working with the Department leadership
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant statistics (internal and external) including corporate sponsorship and fundraising reports.
- Analyze current fundraising activities, giving histories and trends.
- Support the implementation of a comprehensive donor / sponsor recognition program.
- Manages all strategies and activities for sponsor cultivation, solicitation, and relations, working with the Department leadership.
- Seek out collaborations.
- Secure sponsors and implement deliverables.
- Support and coordinate corresponding marketing and communication initiatives.
- Assist with Capital Campaigns.
- Oversees the work of any volunteer(s) assigned to assist with any of the above tasks.
- Attends appropriate meetings as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The strongest candidates will have substantial grant writing experience with a track record of successful funding, and knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or equivalent CRM software. Subject knowledge (healthcare or hospice) is not required but preferred.
How to Apply
To apply, please click visit our website or click this link
- Date Posted: March 13, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 30 hours per week