Donor Relations & Special Events Coordinator
Monroe Harding’s mission is to change young people’s lives. Our cause is to ensure that foster care youth and other vulnerable young people build a solid foundation of strengths that position them for success in adulthood. Our cause and mission are accomplished through trauma and resiliency informed programs and services in foster care, supportive housing, clinical emotional and mental health support services, and education, career development, and life skills support services.
The Donor Relations and Special Events Coordinator will manage donor relations, the donor database, and support the development department as needed. The coordinator will be responsible for all fundraising events, including assisting with procuring sponsors, handling registrations, developing the program of activities, and managing day-of logistics.
- Manage the donor database. This includes, but is not limited to, entering potential donors, recording donations, contact information and/or demographic information, tracking results of campaigns, performing queries for various gift appeals, generating reports, and generating donor acknowledgements.
- Record all contributions received. This includes securing appropriate documentation, coding these gifts for the Finance department, logging these donations in the database, processing the checks electronically, producing a monthly report detailing types of solicitations made during the month and the revenue generated.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of Apricot entries with Finance Department.
- Oversee in-kind donations. Respond to requests, update wish list needs as directed, and secure appropriate documentation to record the gift.
Special Events Management
- Assist Sr. Director of Development with Monroe Harding’s major fundraising events, including Fostering Joy, and all other special events as assigned.
- Visit potential sponsors, assist with coordinating and managing volunteer committees for special events, solicit and track auction items and donations, work with event space managers, food vendors, and other special events vendors.
- Assist Sr. Director of Development with budget management of events.
- Assist with answering phones, greeting visitors, distributing mail, and other general office duties as needed.
- Conduct correspondence for the department, including, but not limited to, general correspondence, appeals, thank you letters, surveys, donor updates, and maintaining the mailing lists.
- Assist with email blasts and social media outreach as needed.
- Track grant awards, requirements, and other funder information in the agency’s database.
- A commitment to the Monroe Harding mission.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, flexible and able to respond to multiple demands.
- Excellent communication skills, analytical skills and organizational skills.
- Innovative problem-solving skills and data analysis skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Refined public speaking skills.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted.
- Ability to Respond to Multiple Demands
- Detail Oriented
- Project Management
- Ability to Build Rapport
- Motivating Others
- Professional Demeanor
Applicants must pass thorough background check and drug screen. Must have valid Tennessee driver’s license.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
Long Term Disability
Option to enroll in Short-term Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off Package
Professional Development Opportunities
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please apply online at monroeharding.org
- Date Posted: January 13, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services