Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle TN
Donor Engagement Manager
Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle TN
The Donor Engagement Manager is responsible for donor acknowledgments, donor tracking, executing a multi-medium fundraising solicitation strategy including phone calls and mailings, benefit and recognition fulfillment, and CRM maintenance. They will communicate with all potential and confirmed guests to organization events via email, phone and in-person to create a healthy rapport. The Donor Engagement Manager’s responsibilities are both detail and timeline-oriented as well as require donor centric, customer service demeanor to build successful and lasting donor relationships.
The Donor Engagement Manager will gain a proficient understanding of our donor database, Salesforce, to utilize as an essential tool to successfully execute the donor acquisition and retention strategies. They will also oversee donor management systems, including maintaining moves management records, developing and integrating key fundraising messages within fundraising collateral, coordinating prospect strategies and timelines, coordinating deliverables, ensuring a robust stewardship tracking process and participate in revenue projection based on reporting platforms. Plus, they’ll assist with event logistics.
Perform other functions as assigned, outside of the list below:
Donor Data Management
- Maintain accurate constituent records in Salesforce (merge duplicates, contact info changes, job changes, deleting inactive records, address updates, update salutations, etc.).
- Act as Salesforce Administrator with any additional data management needs
- Work closely with Finance to reconcile monthly donation records and data.
- Generate and regularly distribute fundraising metric/tracking reports to the Resource Development team.
Stewardship, Cultivation, & Solicitation
- Manage timely and successful execution of a multi-faceted fundraising project plan such as events, Club tours, sending direct-mail appeals, mass email campaigns.
- Create contact lists and prepare all mass fundraising appeals: postal mail, email, phone call, text message, push notification, etc.
- Focused campaign attention to different donor segments: Monthly Donors, Gift Renewals and Upgrades, LYBUNTY, SYBUNTY, Never-given, and New Donors from existing prospects.
- Build/identify donor acquisition lists from new prospect sources.
- Assist Resource Development team to pull lists of donors as needed for their portfolio donor calls for renewal and other stewardship correspondence.
- Build online donation forms for unique campaigns.
- Monitor campaigns, track donations and event attendance, and pull related reports from CRM.
- Prepare annual donation summary tax letters at the beginning of the calendar year for all relevant donors.
- Assist Resource Development in creating pitch decks for presentations for specific campaigns.
- Update website regarding major donations, affinity group activity, monthly giving, and more.
- Prepare e-newsletters to donor-base, highlighting impact, mission moments, and opportunities for donors to get involved
- Ensure volunteer, guest and donor email newsletter list segments are updated & accurate.
- Initiate reports for donor stewardship tasks for assigned owners.
- Assist in the management of Stewardship Tasks through CRM platform.
Gift Entry & Acknowledgements
- Enter and code all donations, pledges, and grants (incl. soft/hard credits) into Salesforce according to the revenue budget with descriptive donation notes ensuring all donor data/contact roles are collected and tracked accurately.
- Record all in-kind donations to special events in Salesforce
- Reconcile supporter information in Salesforce
- Reconcile all revenue sources with Salesforce (Benevity, United Way, Your Cause, Network for Good, ACH Direct Deposit, etc.) and event management software
- Document donor acknowledgement letter protocols (tribute, stock, in kind gifts)
- Create and mail all donation/thank you/tax letters within 7-days of gift receipt
- Keep thank you letters updated and relevant
- Assign, keep a log, and maintain Board Thank You Notes.
Donor and Event Assistance
- Assist donors with account updates, gift processing, and renewals, refunds/invoices, make sure we have all their info right, etc.
- Assist events by sending invitations, collecting RSVPs, answering questions by phone and email, trouble shooting, on-site support during events and experiences, following up on auction solicitations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or Bachelor’s degree with related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent donor centric/customer service skills and relationship management skills
- Success with mastering technology and using it to gain efficiencies
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and hit deadlines
- Able to work independently and proactively with minimal supervision
- Organized and able to keep accurate and detailed documentation
- Excellent written, oral communication, and listening skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information
Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar role with successful customer service, acquisition, retention and organizational skills. Must be prepared to share specific examples of success in which candidate had a contributing role.
Retirement after 1 year
How to Apply
To apply, email a letter of interest and resume to Tammy Hammond-Loth at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: June 28, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: $45,000-52,000