Doors of Hope, Inc
Donor and Volunteer Relations Coordinator
Doors of Hope, Inc
The position will be an integral member of the administrative team and have responsibility for planning, organizing, and directing fundraising, volunteer and donor development programs for Doors of Hope. This staff member will work closely with the CEO, administrative staff, finance team, and board in development of all fundraising endeavors.
- Oversee annual fundraising campaign(s) including mailings and letter content
- Coordinate and execute fundraising activities including but not limited to the following
- obtaining volunteers for event,
- securing event location,
- securing sponsorships and donations,
- securing and interfacing w/caterers, decorators, and other personnel
- working w/committee members, optimally utilizing their talents
- managing marketing efforts
- Meet with prospective donors and supporters on a regular basis to establish effective communications and relationships
- Meet with churches, businesses, and community groups to establish and maintain relationships that promote our mission and secure contributions
- Meet with potential and current volunteers; recruit, coordinate and train volunteers
- Stay up to date on non-profit trends and best practices; make recommendations for adjustments to communications strategies.
- Send thank you notes to donors and volunteers
- Prepare a communications strategy designed to further organizational objectives
- Prepare monthly reports containing information detailing the successes and failures of communication campaign, community/donor development and fundraising campaigns
- Maintain donor database
- Oversee and delegate social media and website content updates to social media contractor
- Other duties, as needed
3+ years experience in a communications, donor development role, sales or public relations.
Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
An analytical mind and ability to think critically.
Exceptional writing and interpersonal communication skills.
Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
Familiar with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint and capable of creating visually compelling
presentations. Experience with donor database platform preferred.
Knowledge of email marketing software such as Constant Contact or a similar program.
Proven knowledge of communications and marketing ethics and best practices.
Proficient public speaking abilities are an asset.
Positive, “can-do” attitude and a willingness to embrace the mission of
Minimum of Bachelors degree in Public Relations, Communications, or related field.
Part-time w/possibility of full-time w/benefits after probation
How to Apply
Email resume stating qualifications and salary requirements to: email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 21, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 06/01/2020
- Salary Range: 20000-25000.
- Working Hours: 30 hrs/wk; flexible