United Way of Greater Nashville
Donor & Affinity Engagement Coordinator
United Way of Greater Nashville
Position Objective: The Donor and Affinity Engagement Coordinator contributes to the efforts of United Way of Greater Nashville (UWGN) as a member of the Workplace Engagement team in raising additional funds to support the mission of United Way. They will support the team’s work to engage investors and affinity groups; assist in coordinating inter-departmental needs within United Way; and support “non-key” accounts .
Essential Functions: The following are indicative of the essential functions required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This profile is not intended to be all inclusive of tasks and responsibilities required; it provides a description of the critical responsibilities associated with this position.
Affinity Group Coordination:
- Provide support for United Way leadership donors, affinity group and Youth Advisory Council activities:
- Coordinate event logistics and secure event needs (venue, rentals, catering, etc),
- Work with the Marketing Department to fulfill any pre-, during or post-event marketing needs (in coordination with the Associate Director),
- Manage the budget for all event expenses for Leaders United and Tocqueville Society
- Execute events and track attendance.
- Work in partnership with associate director to support and track additional activities of United Way affinity groups, including the Patricia Hart Society, Young Leaders Society, Youth Advisory Council and committees of each (where applicable)
- Help accomplish the goal of increasing engagement and overall membership.
- Track membership, prepare meeting notes and communication to committees
- Ensure coordination between groups for efficiency.
- Tracks membership and Confirm membership within Affinity Groups
- Will regularly check the YLS and Patricia Hart Society mailbox. Promptly respond and coordinate meetings with individuals that fill out online inquiries.
- Work with the associate director to oversee other events, such as training for corporate campaign coordinators
Community Impact and Marketing Team Coordination
- Coordinate and track departmental needs of Community Impact team, e.g. speakers for campaign events
- Serve as central point of communication between marketing and workplace engagement teams on Days of Action. This will include sharing materials and tools available to campaigns, as well as communicating questions and potential needs back to the marketing team.
Non-Key Account Coordination and Tracking
- Engage in outreach and tracking on non-key and partner agency campaigns on an annual basis, with most work in the fall
- This will include but not be limited to: pulling reports from United Way Worldwide, ensuring that corporate gift letters are sent, and report totals are sent to the to Associate Director and/or Chief Development Officer.
Departmental Support – General:
- Assist Workplace Engagement team with various activities throughout the year, all aimed at increasing campaign funding.
- Activities to include but not be limited to coordination of materials distribution to corporate partners/donors and tracking of marketing or campaign materials.
- Submitting Wrikes for fundraising marketing needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Ability to learn and retain knowledge of a process (tactic)
- Ability to execute the strategies
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team
- Strong written, verbal, and technological communication
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Products
- A valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Mission Driven: Focuses on needs and aspirations of the community by telling the “United Way story” to help build a strong understanding of the importance of volunteering, advocating, and giving.
- Relationship Management: Builds relationships with all external funders, corporate partners, individual donors, community members, and organizational stakeholders in efforts to grow and sustain funding; demonstrates credibility in all interactions’ and demonstrates the ability to effectively build a network of contacts.
- Ability to Multi-task: Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; requires knowledge of time management, setting priorities, and managing project plans.
- Initiative and Self-motivation: Plans work and carries out tasks without detailed instructions; makes constructive suggestions; prepares for problems or opportunities in advance; undertakes additional responsibilities; responds to situations as they arise with minimal supervision.
- Stress Tolerance: Displays emotional resilience and the ability to withstand pressure on an on-going basis. Deals with difficult situations while maintaining performance. Seeks support from others when necessary and uses appropriate coping techniques.
- Team Work: Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals and objectives; continually tires to improve team effectiveness; hold self and others accountable for team performance; motivates and encourages all members to work together in order to achieve maximum results. Supports group decisions and puts group goals ahead of own goals; effectively interacts with others.
- Brand Advocate: Conducts themselves in a manner that promotes integrity, trust, and strong ethics to protect the reputation and results of UWGN.
- Outcome Motivated: Creates and maintains high-performance standards that capitalizes on opportunities to build support for education, financial stability and health by developing relationships that drive results.
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb and balance.
- Employee spends a majority of their time seated; working at a desk in front of a computer monitor. Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Well-lighted, heated, and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Position may require worker to commute to other offices and offsite locations.
United Way of Greater Nashville is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United Way of Greater Nashville has competitive benefits and salaries.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://www.unitedwaygreaternashville.org/careers/
- Date Posted: March 23, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/03/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 4:30pm