YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Domestic Violence Therapist
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Position provides individual and group Therapy, and co-facilitation of agreed upon evidence-based support program groups. Position is responsible for program enrollment, data collection, safety planning, treatment planning, advocacy, and resource linkage. This position would conduct community outreach, as needed, on behalf of the YWCA.
- Provides individual and group therapy for residents living in Weaver Center.
- Develops individualized treatment plans and assesses client strengths and needs.
- Delivers age-appropriate, developmentally appropriate, culturally sensitive, and trauma-informed counseling services.
- Provides consistent counseling sessions, monitors client progress, offers crisis assistance, and coordinates community-based referrals as needed.
- Assists residents in enhancing communication and building resilience.
- Facilitates support groups as defined by the Director of Supportive and Family Services.
- Provides urgent clinical support as needed to clients in a timely manner.
- Maintains accurate, confidential, and timely records for each client, documenting interventions used and resident progress toward treatment plan goals and program outcomes.
- Conducts outreach in the community to educate on DV services that are available and helps to implement culturally responsive, trauma-informed services.
- Assume responsibility for residential coverage, as needed
- Conducts intake assessments, explaining program focus and benefit to survivors.
- Responds to crisis calls and makes appropriate referrals.
- Provides transportation for residents as appropriate.
- Provides support and assistance to volunteers as needed.
- Develops an understanding of agency and program policies and procedures, implementing appropriately and interpreting to residents and volunteers.
- Monitors single-side resident activity throughout shelter and manage conflict through appropriate intervention.
- Protects client confidentiality and client records at all times.
- Attends program staff meetings, in-service training sessions, YW All Staff, and other meetings as requested.
- Professionally represents the YWCA brand in an appropriate manner at relevant meetings and forums.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Position requires a master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or related field and a minimum of 2 years of clinical work. Training in enrichment activities, Trauma Informed Care and Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) preferred. Any of the following licenses preferred: LMFT, LCSW, LPC-MHSP. Must demonstrate experience working with marginalized women.
- Must be fit for travel by automobile and willing to travel independently to reach engagements.
- Ability to carry boxes/materials with various weights up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Manual dexterity required for typing and the use of standard office equipment.
- Ability to speak concisely.
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet to moderate.
- Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record
for the last three years.
- Ability to work long and flexible hours, including evenings.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
Medical and Vision Benefits offered through Blue Cross Blue Shield. Employee coverage is free.
Dental, Long Term Disability and Short Term Disability offered through MetLife. (LTD is free to the employee.)
10 Paid Holidays+ 2 Floating Holidays
Vacation and Sick Time accrued each pay period.
Employee Assistance Program with up to 6 free face-to-face or virtual meetings with a counselor.
How to Apply
Go to ywcanashville.com and click Work With Us or copy and paste the link below:
- Date Posted: August 17, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 08/29/2022
- Salary Range: $50K to $52K/year
- Working Hours: M - F 8:00 am to 5:00pm